|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6: Volume 2, chapters 7-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Monsieur St. Albert, Valencourt and Emily find a shepherd's cabin at which a young woman laments that gypsies have stolen several sheep, what does Valancourt do to help the woman replace her missing sheep?
(a) He gives the woman his entire purse of money.
(b) He hunts down the gypsies and steals the sheep back.
(c) He gives the woman a single gold coin.
(d) He gives the woman the name of a sheep seller.
2. What does Emily find in an ivory case inside her dead father's purse?
(a) A lock of blonde hair.
(b) A ruby bracelet.
(c) The miniature of the mysterious lady that her father kissed.
(d) A locket.
3. What Italian gentleman begins to pay special attention to Emily in Venice?
(a) Count Morano.
4. Who surprises Emily with a visit while en route to Estuviere?
(a) Madame Cheron.
(b) The Marchioness de Villeroi.
(d) The Marquis de Villeroi.
5. Who swears vengeance on Montoni in Chapter Seven of Volume Two?
(a) Madame Montoni.
(c) Count Morano.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Emily do to assist the wounded man who tried to kidnap her?
2. How does Emily learn of what Monsieur Quesnel has done at La Vallee?
3. Why does Monsieur St. Albert faint?
4. What does Monsieur St. Albert do when he finds out that he and Emily are near the Chateau le Blanc?
5. Who takes bridal ornaments to Emily's chambers and insists the forced marriage in Venice will be for Emily's own good?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)