|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4: Volume 2, chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Emily do when she finds Valancourt's book?
(a) She smiles.
(b) She steals the book.
(c) She weeps.
(d) She writes Valancourt a letter.
2. Which female servant of Madame Montoni's travels with Emily and her aunt and uncle to Venice?
3. In what year does the opening chapter of The Mysteries of Udolpho take place?
4. What does Emily find in an ivory case inside her dead father's purse?
(a) A lock of blonde hair.
(b) A locket.
(c) The miniature of the mysterious lady that her father kissed.
(d) A ruby bracelet.
5. What promise does Monsieur St. Albert require from Emily when he realizes he is dying?
(a) To never marry Valancourt.
(b) To marry Valancourt right away.
(c) To enter a convent and become a nun.
(d) To burn the papers in his closet and never sell La Vallee.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter Ten, how much of her father's papers does Emily glimpse and read by accident before burning them?
2. Why does Monsieur St. Albert sell part of his family domain?
3. Who does Monsieur St. Albert accidentally wound in Chapter Four?
4. Although Monsieur St. Albert likes Valancourt, what worry does he have about Valancourt as Emily's lover?
5. Where does Emily stay for several days after her father's death?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)