|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4: Volume 2, chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From whom is Monsieur St. Albert expecting letters in Chapter Six?
(a) His attorney.
(b) Madame Cheron.
(d) Monsieur Quesnel.
2. Where does Emily stay for several days after her father's death?
(a) At Tholouse.
(b) At the monastery of St. Clair.
(c) At the Chateau le Blanc.
(d) At Monsieur Quesnel's chateau.
3. Although Monsieur St. Albert likes Valancourt, what worry does he have about Valancourt as Emily's lover?
(a) He worries Valancourt is already married.
(b) He worries Valancourt is unable to support Emily financially.
(c) He worries Valancourt is a fortune hunter.
(d) He worries Valancourt will be unfaithful.
4. When Valancourt returns to Estuviere in Chapter Eleven, what does he worry about?
(a) His finances.
(b) Emily's family not approving of his engagement to her.
(c) His health.
(d) How to get back to his regiment.
5. When Emily looks for her book, what book of Valancourt's does she find instead?
(a) His copy of Shakespeare's plays.
(b) His volume of Petrarch's poems.
(c) His copy of Shakespeare's sonnets.
(d) His Bible.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Monsieur St. Albert faint?
2. What has Monsieur Quesnel done at La Vallee in Chapter Three of Volume Two?
3. How does Montoni treat his wife during their journey?
4. What does Emily find in an ivory case inside her dead father's purse?
5. Which female servant of Madame Montoni's travels with Emily and her aunt and uncle to Venice?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)