|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4: Volume 2, chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Emily respond in Chapter Nine when she receives an invitation from Madame Cheron to go to Tholouse?
(a) Emily begs to stay at La Vallee a while longer.
(b) Emily feigns illness to avoid having to go to Tholouse.
(c) Emily runs away rather than go to Tholouse.
(d) Emily leaves at once for Tholouse.
2. What is Madame Clairval's relationship to Valancourt?
(a) She is Valancourt's sister.
(b) She is Valancourt's aunt.
(c) She is Valancourt's mother.
(d) She is Valancourt's grandmother.
3. On the banks of what river is the chateau of Monsieur St. Albert located?
(a) The Garonne.
(b) The Tigris-Euphrates.
(c) The Thames.
(d) The Nile.
4. As Madame Clairval and Madame Cheron plan Emily's wedding to Valancourt in Chapter Thirteen, who declares himself Madame Cheron's suitor?
(a) Monsieur Quesnel.
(c) La Voisin.
5. Who does Monsieur St. Albert accidentally wound in Chapter Four?
(a) Madame Cheron.
(b) Monsieur Quesnel.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Montoni treat his wife during their journey?
2. Where does Emily stay for several days after her father's death?
3. In what year does the opening chapter of The Mysteries of Udolpho take place?
4. What does Monsieur St. Albert do when he finds out that he and Emily are near the Chateau le Blanc?
5. What has Monsieur Quesnel done at La Vallee in Chapter Three of Volume Two?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)