|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 13: Volume 4, chapters 7-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is wounded in a fight after trying to kidnap Emily?
(b) Monsieur Quesnel.
(d) Count Morano.
2. Why does Montoni refuse Emily's request to leave Udolpho?
(a) He wants to marry her now.
(b) She refuses to relinquish her aunt's estates.
(c) He wants her to marry Orsini.
(d) He wants her to get over her grief before she travels.
3. What information does Bernardine have for Emily?
(a) He has a secret letter from Valancourt.
(b) He knows where Emily's aunt is imprisoned.
(c) He knows how to escape the highly guarded castle.
(d) He has evidence that Montoni is a murderer and a thief.
4. To whom does M. St. Albert sell part of his family domain?
(a) To Monsieur Quesnel, his wife's brother.
(b) To Madame Cheron.
(c) To Valencourt.
(d) To Signor Montoni.
5. In Chapter One of Volume Two, who stays out all night once Emily and her family arrive in Venice?
(c) Count Morano.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Emily learn of what Monsieur Quesnel has done at La Vallee?
2. What is Madame Clairval's relationship to Valancourt?
3. Who does Montoni blame for the incident with his glass?
4. When Emily looks for her book, what book of Valancourt's does she find instead?
5. What is Madame Cheron's response when Valancourt visits and asks permission to see Emily?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)