|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5: Volume 2, chapters 4-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does NOT happen when Emily refuses Count Morano's attempts to take her for a ride alone in Chapter Three of Volume Two?
(a) Montoni claims Emily wrote M. Quesnel accepting Morano.
(b) Count Morano forces Emily to wed him.
(c) Count Morano says she has accepted his affections.
(d) Montoni lies about Emily's real letter to M. Quesnel.
2. As Madame Clairval and Madame Cheron plan Emily's wedding to Valancourt in Chapter Thirteen, who declares himself Madame Cheron's suitor?
(b) La Voisin.
(c) Monsieur Quesnel.
3. Whose ghost supposedly haunts castle di Udolpho?
(a) Signora Laurentini's.
(b) The Marquis de Villeroi's.
(c) Monsieur St. Albert's.
(d) The Marchioness de Villeroi's.
4. What has Monsieur Quesnel done at La Vallee in Chapter Three of Volume Two?
(a) He has leased the chateau and fired the housekeeper.
(b) He has gambled away the property.
(c) He has polluted the streams on the estate.
(d) He has set fire to the chateau.
5. Which female servant of Madame Montoni's travels with Emily and her aunt and uncle to Venice?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Emily looks for her book, what book of Valancourt's does she find instead?
2. Why is Emily's engagement to Valancourt canceled?
3. What does Emily do when she finds Valancourt's book?
4. In Chapter Five of Volume Two, who wakes Emily in the night to tell her to prepare to leave Venice immediately for castle di Udolpho in the Apenines?
5. About whom does Emily compose a poem called "The Piedmontese"?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)