|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5: Volume 2, chapters 4-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who enters Emily's chamber at Udolpho in the middle of the night and begs Emily to run away with him?
(a) Count Morano.
(b) Signor Orsini.
2. Whose ghost supposedly haunts castle di Udolpho?
(a) Signora Laurentini's.
(b) The Marchioness de Villeroi's.
(c) Monsieur St. Albert's.
(d) The Marquis de Villeroi's.
3. Who scolds Emily for receiving a male visitor without supervision after Valancourt's visit?
(a) Madame Cheron.
(b) Madame Clairval.
4. Which member of the St. Albert family dies of a fever in Chapter One?
(a) An infant son.
(b) Grandfather St. Albert.
(c) Madame St. Albert.
(d) Monsieur St. Albert.
5. Although Monsieur St. Albert likes Valancourt, what worry does he have about Valancourt as Emily's lover?
(a) He worries Valancourt will be unfaithful.
(b) He worries Valancourt is a fortune hunter.
(c) He worries Valancourt is already married.
(d) He worries Valancourt is unable to support Emily financially.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter Four of Volume Two, who does Monsieur Quesnel insist that Emily marry?
2. Who surprises Emily with a visit while en route to Estuviere?
3. When Valancourt returns to Estuviere in Chapter Eleven, what does he worry about?
4. What promise does Monsieur St. Albert require from Emily when he realizes he is dying?
5. While Emily and Monsieur St. Albert are traveling in Chapter Three, who joins them in their travel, helps them acquire lodging, and joins them for dinner?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)