|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5: Volume 2, chapters 4-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Emily find in an ivory case inside her dead father's purse?
(a) A lock of blonde hair.
(b) The miniature of the mysterious lady that her father kissed.
(c) A locket.
(d) A ruby bracelet.
2. What has Monsieur Quesnel done at La Vallee in Chapter Three of Volume Two?
(a) He has leased the chateau and fired the housekeeper.
(b) He has gambled away the property.
(c) He has polluted the streams on the estate.
(d) He has set fire to the chateau.
3. Who surprises Emily with a visit while en route to Estuviere?
(a) The Marquis de Villeroi.
(b) Madame Cheron.
(d) The Marchioness de Villeroi.
4. At the fishing-house, what does Madame St. Albert notice is missing?
(a) Her medicine.
(b) Her handkerchief.
(c) Her locket with a miniature of Emily in it.
(d) Monsieur St. Albert's purse.
5. Why is Emily's engagement to Valancourt canceled?
(a) Her new uncle Montoni cancels it.
(b) Valancourt is arrested for a crime.
(c) Emily prefers another man.
(d) Valancourt prefers another woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Montoni treat his wife during their journey?
2. Who does Monsieur St. Albert accidentally wound in Chapter Four?
3. In Chapter Six of Volume Two, who arrives at castle di Udolpho by carriage at midnight?
4. Who enters Emily's chamber at Udolpho in the middle of the night and begs Emily to run away with him?
5. What is Madame Clairval's relationship to Valancourt?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)