|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5: Volume 2, chapters 4-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Although Monsieur St. Albert likes Valancourt, what worry does he have about Valancourt as Emily's lover?
(a) He worries Valancourt is already married.
(b) He worries Valancourt will be unfaithful.
(c) He worries Valancourt is unable to support Emily financially.
(d) He worries Valancourt is a fortune hunter.
2. On the banks of what river is the chateau of Monsieur St. Albert located?
(a) The Tigris-Euphrates.
(b) The Thames.
(c) The Nile.
(d) The Garonne.
3. Who is wounded in a fight after trying to kidnap Emily?
(a) Monsieur Quesnel.
(b) Count Morano.
4. As Madame Clairval and Madame Cheron plan Emily's wedding to Valancourt in Chapter Thirteen, who declares himself Madame Cheron's suitor?
(a) La Voisin.
(d) Monsieur Quesnel.
5. What does Emily see her father kissing in Chapter Two?
(a) The crucifix with which he prays.
(b) A strange woman's hand.
(c) The miniature portrait of an unknown lady.
(d) Her dead mother's portrait.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does NOT happen when Emily refuses Count Morano's attempts to take her for a ride alone in Chapter Three of Volume Two?
2. Why does Montoni feel defrauded by his wife in Chapter Three of Volume II?
3. What has Monsieur Quesnel done at La Vallee in Chapter Three of Volume Two?
4. Who gives Emily a secret letter as she and her aunt leave Tholouse?
5. What does Emily St. Albert find written on a wainscot in Chapter One?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)