|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 12: Volume 4, chapters 1-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Emily see on the castle rampart that seems supernatural?
(a) A disappearing face.
(b) A strange figure beckoning to her.
(c) A white mist.
(d) An unexplained light.
2. What seeming supernatural events happen in the bedchamber of the Marchioness de Villeroi?
(a) A disembodied voice speaks from the walls.
(b) A strange mist appears and seems to take human form.
(c) The bed pall moves & a face appears above the bed.
(d) A glowing apparition appears and utters strange moans.
3. When Valancourt meets Emily in Chapter Two of Volume Four, what does he hope?
(a) That she will never have any man but him.
(b) That she will find true love with Du Pont.
(c) That his behavior won't cause her unhappiness for long.
(d) That she will forgive him and still agree to marry him.
4. Which of the following is NOT something Valancourt admits about himself in Chapter One of Volume Four?
(a) That he yields to the temptations of Paris.
(b) That he will always love Emily.
(c) That he is an alcoholic.
(d) That he is ruined by debt.
5. What does Montoni advise Emily to do in response to Monsieur Quesnel's actions at La Vallee?
(a) Let him and her aunt, Madame Montoni, handle the matter.
(b) Write Monsieur Quesnel of her acquiescence on the matter.
(c) Ignore the matter.
(d) Write Monsieur Quesnel to protest the matter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gives Emily a secret letter as she and her aunt leave Tholouse?
2. Who betrays Montoni in Chapter Three of Volume Four?
3. In Chapter One of Volume Two, who stays out all night once Emily and her family arrive in Venice?
4. What Italian gentleman begins to pay special attention to Emily in Venice?
5. Who comes to Emily's rescue and saves her from her kidnappers?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)