|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT contained in Phlox's note to Art?
(a) She thinks his homosexuality is wrong.
(b) She wants to go on vacation with him.
(c) She is disgusted with him.
(d) She is very angry with him.
2. Which of the following is NOT a part of Art's daily routine?
(a) Spending nights with Phlox.
(b) Working at the bookstore.
(c) Coffee at Starbucks.
(d) Spending time with Cleveland, Arthur and Jane.
3. Which of the following does NOT describe Cleveland at the beginning of Chapter 22?
(a) Dark mood.
4. Why does Phlox leave the restaurant early?
(a) She got a phone call about a family emergency.
(b) Arthur has hurt her feelings.
(c) She forgot about an appointment.
(d) She got a migraine.
5. What kind of car does Abdullah drive?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Art about the four people living in a house in the rundown neighborhood?
2. What does Cleveland steal from the house?
3. In what type of place does Cleveland live?
4. Why does Art think he is trying so hard to settle into heterosexuality?
5. What does Arthur do while Art speaks to his father on the phone?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Cleveland's demeanor at the beginning of Chapter 22?
2. Describe the scenario in which Cleveland robs the house?
3. Explain the pull between Art and Cleveland.
4. How does Art still struggle with his sexuality?
5. How does Cleveland die in Chapter 22?
6. What is the nature of the note Phlox sends to Art via Cleveland?
7. What seems to be the source of Art's greatest emotional pain?
8. What is a recurring motif in the story?
9. How does Art end up alienating both Phlox and Arthur?
10. Explain how Art's lack of real friendship in his life has driven him to behave the way he does with Cleveland, Phlox and Arthur.
This section contains 1,088 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)