|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What can Phlox sense about Art when he arrives at her house?
(a) Art is lying to her.
(b) Art has had sex with someone else.
(c) Art wants to break up with her.
(d) Art has a surprise for her.
2. For whom is Arthur housesitting?
(a) A Penguins coach.
(b) A local television weather person.
(c) A Steelers player.
(d) The owner of the Pirates.
3. Where do Art and Phlox make love when they meet again?
(a) In Phlox's apartment.
(b) In the weather woman's apartment.
(c) In the library.
(d) In Cleveland's shanty.
4. Which of the following does NOT describe Cleveland at the beginning of Chapter 22?
(a) Dark mood.
5. What does Cleveland hear as he leaves the house he has just robbed?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Art's father react when Art asks for a job for Cleveland?
2. Which of the following is NOT a part of Art's daily routine?
3. Why does Phlox leave the restaurant early?
4. Which religion does Arthur mock and consequently offend his mother?
5. Why does Art's father seem to be sad at dinner?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author insinuate that Art's mother's death was somehow mob related?
2. When do Art and Arthur first have sex?
3. What is the nature of the note Phlox sends to Art via Cleveland?
4. What is the irony revealed when Arthur's mother comes to the apartment with mended clothes?
5. Why is Art uncomfortable knowing that the other gangsters know who he is?
6. What seems to be the source of Art's greatest emotional pain?
7. What seems to be Art's routine of how he spends his days and nights this summer?
8. Describe the scenario in which Cleveland robs the house?
9. When does Art realize what his true feelings are for Arthur?
10. Explain the pull between Art and Cleveland.
This section contains 1,019 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)