|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Cleveland had too much of to steel his courage?
2. Why does Phlox leave the restaurant early?
(a) She forgot about an appointment.
(b) She got a phone call about a family emergency.
(c) She got a migraine.
(d) Arthur has hurt her feelings.
3. Who finds Art and Arthur in bed together?
(a) Art's father.
(c) The weather woman's maid.
4. What type of sandwiches do Art and Cleveland have when Cleveland comes to Art's apartment?
(a) Tuna salad.
(c) Ham and cheese.
5. With whom does Phlox suspect Art has had sex?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cleveland want from Art's father?
2. Who gives Art the strength to distance himself from his father emotionally?
3. About what topic does Phlox ask Art's father?
4. Where does Art wait for Cleveland for their meeting?
5. Which of the following do Art and Arthur NOT do in the weather woman's apartment?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Art both disgusted yet attracted to the experience of being with Cleveland when he makes collection calls?
2. How does Art still struggle with his sexuality?
3. How does Art end up alienating both Phlox and Arthur?
4. What is the nature of the note Phlox sends to Art via Cleveland?
5. What is the symbolism of the cicadas for Art's life?
6. Describe the scenario in which Cleveland robs the house?
7. What does Cleveland ultimately want from his friendship with Art?
8. Explain how Art's lack of real friendship in his life has driven him to behave the way he does with Cleveland, Phlox and Arthur.
9. How does Cleveland blackmail Art?
10. Who helps Art to free himself of the bonds related to his father?
This section contains 1,066 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)