|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a reason Cleveland likes the collection activity?
(a) He thinks it is fascinating.
(b) He thinks it is fun.
(c) He thinks it is bad like him.
(d) He feels bad for the people who can't pay.
2. What does Cleveland think of himself as now?
(a) A killer.
(b) A thug.
(c) A jewel thief.
(d) A hero.
3. Which singing artist are Art and Phlox planning on seeing?
(a) Frank Sinatra.
(b) Ella Fitzgerald.
(c) Harry Connick Jr.
(d) Michael Buble.
4. Which of the following is NOT contained in Phlox's note to Art?
(a) She wants to go on vacation with him.
(b) She is very angry with him.
(c) She thinks his homosexuality is wrong.
(d) She is disgusted with him.
5. What is NOT true about the thugs sitting nearby in the restaurant?
(a) They are there to protect Lenny.
(b) They have guns.
(c) They wear the family coat of arms.
(d) There are five of them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cleveland steal from the house?
2. Where does Cleveland park his motorcycle?
3. Which notorious gangster arrives at the restaurant and sits with Art and his father?
4. Who tells Art about the four people living in a house in the rundown neighborhood?
5. Which religion does Arthur mock and consequently offend his mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Cleveland die in Chapter 22?
2. What is Cleveland's demeanor at the beginning of Chapter 22?
3. How does Art still struggle with his sexuality?
4. How is Art both disgusted yet attracted to the experience of being with Cleveland when he makes collection calls?
5. What is a recurring motif in the story?
6. Explain the pull between Art and Cleveland.
7. How does Phlox meet Art's father?
8. How does the author insinuate that Art's mother's death was somehow mob related?
9. What is the nature of the note Phlox sends to Art via Cleveland?
10. Who helps Art to free himself of the bonds related to his father?
This section contains 1,000 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)