|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Mrs. Bellwether once beat the collie?
(a) For tearing the screen door.
(b) For making a mess in the basement.
(c) For urinating on the new sofa.
(d) For barking and waking her.
2. What does Art wonder about his relationship with Arthur?
(a) How he can get out of it.
(b) How long it will last.
(c) Whether he is good for his morale.
(d) Whether it makes him gay by association.
3. What does Art NOT think about the motorcycle rider?
(a) He is going to kidnap or kill Art.
(b) He knows Art's father.
(c) He wants revenge on Art's father.
(d) He is a Hell's Angels member.
4. What does Art feel when he sees Arthur and Phlox walking down the street?
5. Art makes plans with his father to ______________.
(a) Have a few beers.
(b) Have dinner.
(c) Play poker.
(d) Go to a Steelers game.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of vehicle does Abdullah drive?
2. Phlox is quite bright but _____________.
3. Which of the following is NOT true about Art and Arthur?
4. Art searches his apartment for a picture of _______________.
5. With what type of dog is Happy mated?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Art meet Phlox?
2. What does Teddy's mother do when she discovers what the boys have done to Happy?
3. How does the topic of homosexuality first come up in the story?
4. Why does Art search for his picture of Godzilla's egg before leaving his apartment for the day?
5. How does the author use foreshadowing for the character of Cleveland and his effect on Art's life?
6. What does Cleveland do to get back at Jane's parents?
7. What does Phlox think her relationship with Art is and what does she do about it?
8. What is the story of Cleveland's family?
9. How does Art feel about Cleveland's meeting his father?
10. What happens when the Bellwethers return home early?
This section contains 906 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)