|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Cleveland's sister?
(d) Ann Arbor.
2. Which of the following does NOT describe Riri's home?
3. Which of the following is a name Phlox has also been called?
4. To whom does Art make a phone call while Phlox makes breakfast?
(d) His father.
5. What does Art feel when he sees Arthur and Phlox walking down the street?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Art's father live?
2. In what city does the story take place?
3. Where does Arthur invite Art to go?
4. At what age did Arthur feel fairly certain that he was gay?
5. Where does Art work during the day?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author indicate that Art may have had an emotional breakdown at one point?
2. What fantasy does Art employ when he is about to make love to Phlox for the first time?
3. What are some of the phases that Phlox goes through in her life?
4. Why are Cleveland's antics a source of possible problems for Art?
5. How does Art get to meet Cleveland?
6. Why does Art search for his picture of Godzilla's egg before leaving his apartment for the day?
7. Who is Happy?
8. How do the precipice and the cloud factory symbolize Art's fantasies for his new life?
9. What does Phlox think her relationship with Art is and what does she do about it?
10. Why does Art agree to have a beer with Arthur?
This section contains 926 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)