|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Jane angry at Cleveland?
(a) Because he stood her up last night.
(b) Because he never called when he promised to.
(c) Because he forgot her birthday.
(d) Because he let pit bulls mate with Happy.
2. What does Art tell the bookstore employees?
(a) His kidnapping was a prank of Cleveland's.
(b) He is quitting next week.
(c) He got fired.
(d) He got a raise.
3. To whose summer house do Art, Arthur and Cleveland go for a break from Pittsburgh?
(a) Cleveland's father's.
(b) Phlox's parent's.
(c) Arthur's brother's.
(d) Art's father's colleague's.
4. What has Art just completed?
(b) A novel.
(c) A cross-country trip.
(d) A painting.
5. What task will Arthur be doing for Jane's family?
(a) Mowing the lawn.
(b) Walking the dog.
(c) Feeding the cat.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what season does the book take place?
2. Who do all the friends assume Art will now have an affair?
3. What was Art's major in college?
4. Who is a source of contention between Arthur and Abdullah?
5. Where does Arthur invite Art to go?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Art's perspective on his education and his upcoming summer?
2. Describe the environment at the bookstore.
3. Where is Art working for the summer?
4. What does Teddy's mother do when she discovers what the boys have done to Happy?
5. How does the author use foreshadowing when talking about Art's interest in Arthur's homosexuality?
6. How does the author use foreshadowing for the character of Cleveland and his effect on Art's life?
7. Why does Art agree to have a beer with Arthur?
8. Who is Happy?
9. How does Art get to meet Cleveland?
10. Describe this period of "dilated time" in Art's life.
This section contains 1,009 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)