|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Art view from looking into Pittsburgh's ravine?
(a) Garment district.
(c) The Lost Neighborhood.
(d) Tin Pan Alley.
2. What does Art NOT think about the motorcycle rider?
(a) He is a Hell's Angels member.
(b) He wants revenge on Art's father.
(c) He knows Art's father.
(d) He is going to kidnap or kill Art.
3. Where does Art work during the day?
(a) Books & Co.
(b) Barnes & Noble.
(c) Borders Books.
(d) Boardwalk Books.
4. Who is Art's father?
(a) Joe Bechstein.
(b) Jim Bechstein.
(c) Jerry Buchwald.
(d) Joe Bellingham.
5. Why is Jane angry at Cleveland?
(a) Because he let pit bulls mate with Happy.
(b) Because he never called when he promised to.
(c) Because he stood her up last night.
(d) Because he forgot her birthday.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Art's goal?
2. What task will Arthur be doing for Jane's family?
3. Which of the following does NOT describe Cleveland's persona?
4. Which of the following does Art's father NOT say to him at dinner?
5. Art grows up thinking that every new friend will have __________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What two landmarks does Art mention as places he visits often?
2. What is the story of Cleveland's family?
3. Why is Phlox's fanciful personality so appealing to Art?
4. How does Art meet Arthur?
5. How does the topic of homosexuality first come up in the story?
6. Who is Happy?
7. What fantasy does Art employ when he is about to make love to Phlox for the first time?
8. How does Art meet Phlox?
9. Why does Art agree to have a beer with Arthur?
10. What happens when Jane unexpectedly shows up at the summer house?
This section contains 953 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)