|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Arthur invite Art to go?
(a) A movie.
(b) A family reunion.
(c) A football game.
(d) A gay bar.
2. Who is the protagonist of THE MYSTERIES OF PITTSBURGH?
(a) Art Bechstein.
(b) Art Bellingham.
(c) Abe Bechstein.
(d) Art Buchwald.
3. With what had Mrs. Bellwether once beat the collie on the head?
(a) A hammer.
(b) A newspaper.
(c) A fly swatter.
(d) A ball bat.
4. Which of the following is a name Phlox has also been called?
5. To what state will Jane and her family be traveling tomorrow?
(d) New Mexico.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do all the friends assume Art will now have an affair?
2. Who wants to call the Bellwethers to tell them what happened to Happy?
3. What does Art NOT think about the motorcycle rider?
4. Who is the young man that Art notices working at a library?
5. What do Arthur and his friends do as Happy is mated?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Happy?
2. How does Art meet Phlox?
3. Describe this period of "dilated time" in Art's life.
4. How does the author indicate that Art may have had an emotional breakdown at one point?
5. What happens when the Bellwethers return home early?
6. Why does Art agree to have a beer with Arthur?
7. Why is Art's life filled with secrets?
8. What fantasy does Art employ when he is about to make love to Phlox for the first time?
9. How does the author show Phlox's opinion of Arthur's sexuality?
10. How does the author use foreshadowing when talking about Art's interest in Arthur's homosexuality?
This section contains 939 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)