|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Art and Cleveland go to the poor neighborhood?
(a) To take a woman to the doctor.
(b) To deliver food.
(c) To collect on a debt.
(d) To evict a family.
2. Who is the black man that Cleveland fights with?
3. What does Cleveland put the jewelry in before leaving the house?
(d) Paper sack.
4. Why does Cleveland say Art can command respect?
(a) He has a great car.
(b) He is Joe Bechstein's son.
(c) He has a college education.
(d) He has money.
5. Where do Art and Phlox make love when they meet again?
(a) In Cleveland's shanty.
(b) In the weather woman's apartment.
(c) In the library.
(d) In Phlox's apartment.
6. What does Art do after he and Arthur make love on the step?
7. Who tells Art about the four people living in a house in the rundown neighborhood?
8. Where does Cleveland park his motorcycle?
(a) A library.
(b) A church.
(c) A shopping center.
(d) A parking garage.
9. What is a looming question in Art's world?
(a) His clothes.
(b) His sexuality.
(c) His finances.
(d) His plans.
10. What does Cleveland steal from the house?
11. How does Cleveland die?
(a) He falls from a water tower.
(b) He is shot by Frankie.
(c) He hangs himself.
(d) He is shot by the police.
12. How does Art's father react when Art asks for a job for Cleveland?
(a) He is furious.
(b) He will think about it.
(c) He throws them out.
(d) He says he doesn't have any openings.
13. What type of flowers does Art send to Phlox.
14. Which religion does Arthur mock and consequently offend his mother?
15. What has Cleveland had too much of to steel his courage?
Short Answer Questions
1. At what type of restaurant do Art and Phlox meet Art's father?
2. Who finds Art and Arthur in bed together?
3. What game do Art and Phlox play when Art returns from his short vacation?
4. Which of the following is NOT a reason Cleveland likes the collection activity?
5. What does one of the women in the house say about Cleveland?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)