|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Art view from looking into Pittsburgh's ravine?
(a) The Lost Neighborhood.
(c) Tin Pan Alley.
(d) Garment district.
2. Which of the following is NOT a nickname of Art's new friends?
3. What is the name of Jane's boyfriend?
4. Which of the following does NOT describe Cleveland?
(a) Chipped tooth.
5. Which of the following do Art, Arthur and Cleveland NOT do at the summer house?
(a) Drink heavily.
(b) Swim in the lake.
(c) Have a bonfire.
(d) Shoot at empty cans.
6. With what had Mrs. Bellwether once beat the collie on the head?
(a) A ball bat.
(b) A newspaper.
(c) A hammer.
(d) A fly swatter.
7. What does Art think Phlox looks like when she emerges from the bathroom?
(a) A movie star.
(b) A hooker.
(c) A school teacher.
(d) A World War II soldier's wife.
8. What is the name of the Bellwethers' collie?
9. What type of dog does the neighbor, Teddy, have?
10. How can Art's father's perspective of Art be described?
11. What does Jane privately ask Art about Cleveland?
(a) If he bought her a birthday gift.
(b) If he is dealing drugs.
(c) If he is seeing any other girls.
(d) If he loves her.
12. What religious affiliation does Art have?
13. What is Art's goal?
(a) To get into law school.
(b) To move to California.
(c) To grow bigger and bigger and bigger.
(d) To stop smoking.
14. What does Mrs. Bellwether say has happened to Jane?
(a) She went away to college.
(b) She fell in love with another boy.
(c) She died of dysentery.
(d) She got a job at the Grand Canyon.
15. Art grows up thinking that every new friend will have __________________.
(a) A car.
(c) Some kind of secret.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what hotel does Joe stay when he is in Pittsburgh?
2. What is the Cloud Factory?
3. To whose summer house do Art, Arthur and Cleveland go for a break from Pittsburgh?
4. Who does Arthur say he has slept with?
5. What has Art just completed?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)