|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Art work during the day?
(a) Barnes & Noble.
(b) Borders Books.
(c) Books & Co.
(d) Boardwalk Books.
2. At what hotel does Joe stay when he is in Pittsburgh?
(a) The Four Seasons.
(b) Duquesne Hotel.
(c) The Ritz.
(d) The James Hotel.
3. Who shows up unexpectedly at the summer house?
(a) Jane Bellwether.
(c) Art's father.
4. Which of the following does NOT describe Cleveland's persona?
(c) Trouble maker.
5. Why is Art critical of Phlox's college major?
(a) There is not much use for an art historian.
(b) Pittsburgh is not a great location for a Marine Biologist.
(c) Dutch translators have few career options.
(d) Her only hope is being a low-earning French teacher.
6. Why is Jane angry at Cleveland?
(a) Because he forgot her birthday.
(b) Because he never called when he promised to.
(c) Because he stood her up last night.
(d) Because he let pit bulls mate with Happy.
7. Who is Art's father?
(a) Jerry Buchwald.
(b) Joe Bechstein.
(c) Joe Bellingham.
(d) Jim Bechstein.
8. Phlox is quite bright but _____________.
(a) Self conscious.
9. How did Cleveland's mother die?
(a) She had cancer.
(b) She hanged herself.
(c) She was in a car accident.
(d) She had a heart attack.
10. With what type of dog is Happy mated?
(a) Labrador Retriever.
(c) Jack Russell Terrier.
11. To what state will Jane and her family be traveling tomorrow?
(d) New Mexico.
12. Who is forbidden to come to the Bellwethers' home?
13. With what had Mrs. Bellwether once beat the collie on the head?
(a) A ball bat.
(b) A newspaper.
(c) A hammer.
(d) A fly swatter.
14. What type of dog does the neighbor, Teddy, have?
15. Which of the following is NOT true about Art and Arthur?
(a) They go to Art's apartment.
(b) They declare their love for each other.
(c) They are both drunk.
(d) They have a drunken interlude.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT one of Art's concerns about the French literature Phlox will have to read?
2. To whose summer house do Art, Arthur and Cleveland go for a break from Pittsburgh?
3. What is the source of the contention between Arthur and Abdullah?
4. What happens to Happy, the Bellwethers' collie in Chapter 7?
5. Who is the protagonist of THE MYSTERIES OF PITTSBURGH?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)