Chapters 1 and 2
• The protagonist of the story, Art Bechstein, has just ended his college days and anticipates a summer of no restrictions or obligations.
• Art's father, Joe Bechstein, is a Jewish gangster who lives in Washington, D.C.
• Art's former girlfriend, Claire, has moved out of the apartment and the relationship is over.
• Art's father, Joe, is in Pittsburgh where Art lives and they have lunch and Joe tells him about "Uncle Lenny" who is a gangster friend of his who also lives in Pittsburgh.
• Later Art is attracted to a girl named Phlox working in a library and notices a young man named Arthur who also works there.
• Art strikes up a conversation with Arthur later with Arthur after the two watch the cops break up a street fight.
• Arthur is clearly gay but Art is attracted to his demeanor and confidence.
• Arthur invites Art to go...
This section contains 2,372 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)