|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many neighbors did the police find outside the Rue Morgue?
(a) 20 to 30.
(b) 5 to 10.
(c) 10 to 20.
(d) 30 to 40.
2. What comment about an actor does Dupin make?
(a) They had great analytical skills.
(b) Their role was appropriate.
(c) They were too tall for the part.
(d) They had a strong accent.
3. What was the person of interest's goal for the animal?
(a) To kill it and eat it.
(b) To sell it.
(c) To kill it for sport.
(d) To use it as a tool.
4. What is the second word that the policeman hears from outside the crime scene?
5. Who goes with Dupin to the Rue Morgue?
(b) The Narrator.
(c) The laundress.
(d) The salesman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first evidence found at the Rue Morgue?
2. How many days before her death did Adolphe walk home the murder victim?
3. Where did the man find the animal again?
4. What is the epigraph's message to the reader?
5. What is Dupin determined to do in the story?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Adolphe's encounter with Madame L'Espanaye.
2. Why does Dupin want to visit the crime scene?
3. Describe how the killer killed the two women.
4. Why does Dupin feel disdain for the police investigation of the murders?
5. What is one example of Dupin's analytical skills put to use?
6. Why did Dupin place an ad in the paper?
7. Describe the dead body that is found in the chimney.
8. Why does analysis please The Narrator?
9. How did others view the murder victims before they died?
10. What was the result of the sailor coming clean about the orangutan?
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)