|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Dupin's relationship to the first interviewed person?
(a) They are related.
(b) They went to school together.
(c) There is no relationship.
(d) He used to date them.
2. What is the setting of the events that unfold in the story?
(b) Los Angeles.
(c) New York.
3. Why do Dupin and the narrator move in together?
(a) They enjoy each other's company.
(b) They hope it will encourage them to find wives.
(c) It will save them money.
(d) They hope to exchange knowledge.
4. Who explained the younger victim's death at the trial?
(b) A salesman.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A news reporter.
5. What happened to the man who helped the person of interest obtain the animal?
(a) He died.
(b) They got into a fight.
(c) He couldn't take the animal home with him.
(d) He wanted to kill the animal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character serves as a template for deductive minds?
2. Who does Dupin believe the killer is?
3. How did Dupin describe the hair that he found when he conducted his own investigation?
4. What was Dupin able to obtain from the police?
5. What is Adolphe's last name?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the killer exit the room in which the murders took place?
2. Why does Dupin want to visit the crime scene?
3. Why does Dupin give The Narrator a pistol?
4. Why does Dupin believe that the sailor is innocent in the crimes?
5. Why did Dupin place an ad in the paper?
6. Why did a struggle erupt between the sailor and the orangutan?
7. Describe the reason why you think the title was chosen.
8. How did the sailor obtain an orangutan?
9. Describe the argument that ensues over the second language that the neighbors heard.
10. Why does Dupin feel disdain for the police investigation of the murders?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)