|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the person of interest's goal for the animal?
(a) To use it as a tool.
(b) To kill it for sport.
(c) To kill it and eat it.
(d) To sell it.
2. What is the Rue Morgue?
(a) A cemetery.
(b) A morgue.
(c) A home.
(d) A theater.
3. What did the police note about the windows at the Rue Morgue?
(a) They were impossible to escape from.
(b) They had been replaced.
(c) They were the method of escape for the murderer.
(d) They had been broken.
4. What was the animal doing when the man followed him and found him elsewhere?
(a) Stealing tobacco.
(b) Shaving Madame L'Espanaye.
(c) Strangling a woman.
(d) Shoving a body up the chimney.
5. Who does Dupin believe the killer is?
(a) A tiger.
(b) An unknown animal.
(c) An orangutan.
(d) A sailor.
6. How did the person of interest obtain the animal?
(a) He rescued it.
(b) He captured it.
(c) It followed him home.
(d) He bought it.
7. What is Dupin determined to do in the story?
(a) Turn in the policeman for his awful work on the case.
(b) Make sure Adolphe stays behind bards.
(c) Watch the case unfold in an interesting manor.
(d) Form his own theories about the murders.
8. What is the style of Dupin and the narrator's home?
9. Describe the first piece of evidence found at the crime scene.
10. How many people have been killed in the story?
11. What are the police not focusing on, according to Dupin?
(a) Important aspects of the crime.
(b) Possible suspects.
(c) The place that the killer worked.
(d) Other possible victims.
12. Why do Dupin and the narrator move in together?
(a) They hope to exchange knowledge.
(b) It will save them money.
(c) They hope it will encourage them to find wives.
(d) They enjoy each other's company.
13. Who does Dupin claim to know?
(a) The mayor.
(b) The head of police.
(c) The head politician in his area.
(d) A group of sailors.
14. What did all the witnesses agree about the second voice they heard?
(a) It was foreign.
(b) It was Spanish.
(c) It was gruff.
(d) It was a woman's voice.
15. What does Dupin believe he may have to do to the man who is coming to visit them?
(a) Turn him in to the police.
(b) Torture him.
(c) Kill him.
(d) Detain him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following did the animal do?
2. What were the neighbors outside trying to do to the Rue Morgue?
3. What is Dupin's first initial?
4. What is the purpose of the epigraph in the beginning of the story?
5. What did the man find the animal doing before it escaped?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)