|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is mentioned in the epigraph?
2. What type of home do Dupin and the narrator live in?
(a) A single family home.
3. How is Dupin different from his family?
(a) He is mpoverished.
(b) He is vindictive.
(c) He is wealthy.
(d) He is sympathetic.
4. As a result of the man walking in on the animal at the Rue Morgue, what did the animal do?
(a) It ran away.
(b) It strangled a woman.
(c) It threw a piece of furniture.
(d) It cut a woman's neck.
5. When Dupin believes he know who the killer is, what does he give The Narrator?
(a) A pistol.
(b) A rope.
(c) A camera.
(d) A knife.
6. What did the animal do to the older victim?
(a) Threw her out the window.
(b) Threw her into the kitchen.
(c) Put her in a bathtub.
(d) Smashed her head on a mirror.
7. What is the language of the second voice, according to the neighbor who testified about the case?
8. What did each witness identify?
(a) A Swedish voice.
(b) An Italian voice.
(c) A French voice.
(d) A Spanish voice.
9. What does the person of interest tell Dupin?
(a) Why he killed the women.
(b) The story of the murder.
(c) What weapon was used.
(d) The motive for the killer.
10. Dupin's comments about the actor are a direct response to whose thoughts?
(a) The narrator's.
(b) The sailor's.
(c) The passerby's.
(d) The actor's.
11. What is Dupin's one impossible scenario?
(a) The murderer was an animal.
(b) A woman killed the victims.
(c) The women killed each other.
(d) The women were killed by a friend.
12. How did Dupin describe the hair that he found when he conducted his own investigation?
(a) Pieces of a wig.
(c) Not belonging to a human.
(d) Suggesting a poor diet for the person who it shed from.
13. Who did the policeman believe the first voice belonged to?
(a) A Spanish woman.
(b) A Frenchman.
(c) A child.
(d) An Italian man.
14. What was the animal doing when the man followed him and found him elsewhere?
(a) Shaving Madame L'Espanaye.
(b) Strangling a woman.
(c) Stealing tobacco.
(d) Shoving a body up the chimney.
15. How many people have been killed in the story?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is the first sign of struggle at the crime scene?
2. How did the animal act after killing the women?
3. At the time of the murder, where were both of the women?
4. Which of the following appears in Dupin's thought process for the comment he makes about an actor?
5. Which of the following did the animal do?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)