|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following did the animal do?
(a) Smashed a window.
(b) Threw a mirror.
(c) Strangled a woman.
(d) Stole jewelry.
2. What is the setting of the events that unfold in the story?
(c) Los Angeles.
(d) New York.
3. Who goes with Dupin to the Rue Morgue?
(a) The salesman.
(b) The Narrator.
(c) The laundress.
4. What did the man find the animal doing before it escaped?
(a) Washing the dishes.
(b) Pretending to shave.
5. What does the salesman in the story sell?
6. What kind of motive for murder does Dupin believe the man who was arrested has, despite the fact that he is the main suspect?
7. Who did Adolphe see when he accompanied the murder victim home?
(a) A policeman.
(b) Three neighbors.
(c) The banker.
(d) Only her daughter.
8. Which body part of the older murder victim was falling off?
(b) Her body was cut entirely in half.
9. What woke up the neighbors of the Rue Morgue?
(b) Breaking windows.
(c) A fight.
10. Where does Dupin place an ad?
(a) On the radio.
(b) In the newspaper.
(c) On television.
(d) On a bulletin board at the store.
11. What does the person of interest tell Dupin?
(a) What weapon was used.
(b) The motive for the killer.
(c) Why he killed the women.
(d) The story of the murder.
12. What is Dupin's first initial?
13. How did the older murder victim die?
(a) She had been shot.
(b) She bled to death.
(c) She died of shock.
(d) She was beat to death.
14. What is the point of view of the story?
(a) Second person.
(b) Third person omniscient.
(c) First person.
(d) Third person limited.
15. Describe the relationship between Dupin and the narrator.
(a) They are good friends.
(b) They are cousins.
(c) One is a teacher and one is a student.
(d) They are co-workers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the occupation of the second person interviewed about the murders?
2. At the time of the murder, where were both of the women?
3. Dupin's comments about the actor are a direct response to whose thoughts?
4. What are the contents of the second newspaper with information about the murders?
5. Who is able to back up the policeman's story?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)