|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who helped the person of interest obtain the animal?
(a) His boss.
(b) His friend.
(c) His cousin.
(d) His brother.
2. Where was the older murder victim cut?
(d) Various locations.
3. What fact is determined about the chimney?
(a) It is too small to be an entrance and exit.
(b) The chimeny had previously been blocked in.
(c) The victim was still alive when she was put in the chimney.
(d) The body in the chimney had been there longer than the other.
4. What has been taken from the Rue Morgue after the murders?
5. Who does Dupin explain his hypothesis to first?
(a) The Narrator.
(b) The salesperson.
(c) The sailor.
6. What tool was the animal using when the man walked in on him?
(a) A razor.
(b) A fork.
(c) A knife.
(d) A pen.
7. Why did the animal need help from the person of interest?
(a) It was wounded.
(b) It was starving.
(c) It had babies.
(d) It was being chased.
8. Where was the second body found at the Rue Morgue?
(b) In the bath tub.
(c) In the kitchen.
(d) Under a bed.
9. How did the policeman describe the first voice he heard in the Rue Morgue?
10. What is the second word that the policeman hears from outside the crime scene?
11. What language did the policeman believe the second voice was speaking?
12. Who is first interviewed about the murders?
(b) A tobacco salesman.
(c) A laundress.
(d) The narrator.
13. How many neighbors did the police find outside the Rue Morgue?
(a) 5 to 10.
(b) 30 to 40.
(c) 10 to 20.
(d) 20 to 30.
14. What was the Rue Morgue once used for?
(a) It was a factory.
(b) It is on the grounds where a zoo once was.
(c) It was an art gallery.
(d) Floors were rented to tenants.
15. When the neighbors looked on the 4th floor, who did they see immediately?
(b) The narrator.
(d) A sailor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the person of interest tell Dupin?
2. What did the man find the animal doing before it escaped?
3. When the news report is read by Dupin, what does he realize?
4. How long had the first person interviewed known the murder victims?
5. On what floor were voices heard in the Rue Morgue?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)