|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which word describes Dupin's family?
2. What did the animal do to the older victim?
(a) Threw her out the window.
(b) Put her in a bathtub.
(c) Smashed her head on a mirror.
(d) Threw her into the kitchen.
3. What fact is determined about the chimney?
(a) The body in the chimney had been there longer than the other.
(b) It is too small to be an entrance and exit.
(c) The chimeny had previously been blocked in.
(d) The victim was still alive when she was put in the chimney.
4. What does Dupin hope the ad will do directly?
(a) Bring the animal to him.
(b) Encourage further police investigation.
(c) Bring the sailor to him.
(d) Release the person arrested for the crime.
5. Who did Adolphe see when he accompanied the murder victim home?
(a) A policeman.
(b) The banker.
(c) Three neighbors.
(d) Only her daughter.
6. What is Dupin's first initial?
7. Which of the following is mentioned in the epigraph?
8. What is the first evidence found at the Rue Morgue?
(c) A weapon.
(d) Glass from the broken window.
9. What does Duping believe is true about the killer?
(a) He could not speak.
(b) He had unusual strength.
(c) He was very hairy.
(d) He hated the women with a passion.
10. What is the second word that the policeman hears from outside the crime scene?
11. Who is described as using calculation, not analysis?
(a) Draughts players.
(c) The Narrator.
(d) Chess players.
12. What game does the word draughts refer to?
13. How did the second person interviewed know one of the murder victims?
(a) He moved her furniture into the house.
(b) He painted her portrait.
(c) He once sold to her.
(d) He carried her items home for her.
14. What is found on the neck of the younger murder victim?
15. Who helped the person of interest obtain the animal?
(a) His friend.
(b) His brother.
(c) His cousin.
(d) His boss.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the police not focusing on, according to Dupin?
2. What is the second sign of struggle at the crime scene?
3. What does Dupin tell The Narrator about the case?
4. What is Dupin's only luxury?
5. Which character serves as a template for deductive minds?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)