|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who goes with Dupin to the Rue Morgue?
(a) The salesman.
(b) The laundress.
(d) The Narrator.
2. What is Adolphe's last name?
(a) Mon Dieu.
(b) Le Bon.
3. How does The Narrator generally feel toward Dupin?
4. What makes the windows appear unopenable?
(a) A mirror.
(c) Broken glass.
(d) A spring mechanism.
5. What does the person of interest tell Dupin?
(a) The story of the murder.
(b) What weapon was used.
(c) The motive for the killer.
(d) Why he killed the women.
6. Who is the third person to testify at the court case for the murder?
(a) An accountant.
(b) A restaurant owner.
(d) A bookseller.
7. Who does Dupin believe has lost an animal?
(a) A salesman.
(b) A teacher.
(c) The Narrator.
(d) A sailor.
8. Who did the policeman believe the first voice belonged to?
(a) An Italian man.
(b) A Frenchman.
(c) A child.
(d) A Spanish woman.
9. How long had the first person interviewed known the murder victims?
(a) 2 years.
(b) 3 years.
(c) No time at all.
(d) 1 year.
10. Describe the relationship between the murder victims and the first person interviewed about them.
(a) There was no relationship.
(b) Good terms.
(c) They disapproved of each other.
(d) Constantly fighting.
11. How many voices did the policeman claim to hear inside the Rue Morgue?
12. Which of the following words describes The Narrator?
13. What is Adolphe's job?
14. What did Adolphe carry for the murder victim when he walked her home?
15. Where does the narrator meet Dupin for the first time?
(a) New York.
(d) Los Angeles.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many days before her death did Adolphe walk home the murder victim?
2. Who is able to back up the policeman's story?
3. What happened to the man who helped the person of interest obtain the animal?
4. Who is shocked by Dupin's comments about the actor?
5. What does Dupin believe he may have to do to the man who is coming to visit them?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)