Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - The Murders in the Rue Morgue
1. What does the epigraph at the beginning of the story mean?
2. Why did Edgar Allan Poe include an epigraph before the story begins?
3. How does The Narrator describe the story that he tells?
4. What does the reader know about The Narrator?
5. Describe the relationship between Dupin and The Narrator.
6. Why does analysis please The Narrator?
7. What is one example of Dupin's analytical skills put to use?
This section contains 641 words|
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)