|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Murders in the Rue Morgue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the author of the epigraph?
(a) Sir Arthur Hoyle.
(b) Sir Samuel Smithe.
(c) Sir Thomas Browne.
(d) Sir Bennet Austin.
2. Where was the older murder victim cut?
(c) Various locations.
3. Describe the body found in the chimney.
(a) An old woman.
(b) A child.
(c) A young woman.
(d) An animal.
4. Describe the yard outside the Rue Morgue.
(a) Large with lots of grassy hills.
(b) Large with a swimming pool.
(c) Small and grassy.
(d) Small and paved.
5. Where did the person of interest obtain an animal?
(b) Puero Rico.
(c) The United States.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Narrator claim is the most analytical game?
2. In his ad, what does Dupin claim to possess?
3. How much money did Madame L'Espanaye pull out from the bank?
4. What is an epigraph?
5. Which of the following does the Narrator claim is an admirable skill?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)