|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Murders in the Rue Morgue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What woke up the neighbors of the Rue Morgue?
(a) Breaking windows.
(d) A fight.
2. What was the ribbon once used for?
(a) As part of a dress.
(b) As a toy.
(c) Holding hair.
(d) As a piece of jewelry.
3. What does the Narrator claim doesn't make a good player?
(c) Common sense.
4. Who is able to back up the policeman's story?
(a) A tenant in the building.
(b) A salesman.
(c) A neighbor.
(d) A shop owner.
5. On what topic do all testimonials disagree at the trial?
(a) The second voice heard in the room.
(b) The identity of one of the victims.
(c) The scene of the crime.
(d) The murder weapon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the only possible manners of escape from the Rue Morgue for the murderer?
2. What does Dupin want the person of interest to tell him?
3. What is the second word that the policeman hears from outside the crime scene?
4. When the news report is read by Dupin, what does he realize?
5. What was one of the murder victims cut with?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)