|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Murders in the Rue Morgue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who helped the person of interest obtain the animal?
(a) His cousin.
(b) His friend.
(c) His brother.
(d) His boss.
2. When the neighbors looked on the 4th floor, who did they see immediately?
(a) A sailor.
(d) The narrator.
3. Describe the yard outside the Rue Morgue.
(a) Small and paved.
(b) Small and grassy.
(c) Large with lots of grassy hills.
(d) Large with a swimming pool.
4. Who does Dupin relay the story of the murder to?
(a) The tobacco salesman.
(b) The laundress.
(c) A woman on the street.
(d) The police.
5. What does Dupin tell The Narrator about the case?
(a) He compares it to a piece of literature.
(b) Somebody needs to analyze the crime scene.
(c) It is not unsolvable.
(d) He knows who the real killer is.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does The Narrator generally feel toward Dupin?
2. What does Dupin say has the best chance of owning the animal he is looking for?
3. Where was the second body found at the Rue Morgue?
4. Where did the person of interest obtain an animal?
5. What could the police hear from outside the Rue Morgue?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)