|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Murders in the Rue Morgue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of home do Dupin and the narrator live in?
(a) A single family home.
2. Who does Dupin believe the ribbon belonged to?
(a) A child.
(b) A woman.
(c) A sailor.
(d) A policeman.
3. What is the purpose of the epigraph in the beginning of the story?
(a) To give the solution to the mystery.
(b) To introduce the characters.
(c) To foreshadow future events.
(d) To illustrate the scene.
4. What is the setting of the events that unfold in the story?
(a) Los Angeles.
(d) New York.
5. Why do Dupin and the narrator move in together?
(a) They enjoy each other's company.
(b) They hope to exchange knowledge.
(c) It will save them money.
(d) They hope it will encourage them to find wives.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are the murder victims the only ones living in the Rue Morgue?
2. At the time of the murder, where were both of the women?
3. How does Dupin describe the person who strangled the younger murder victim?
4. What does the epigraph introduce?
5. As a result of the man walking in on the animal at the Rue Morgue, what did the animal do?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)