|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Murders in the Rue Morgue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dupin tell The Narrator about the case?
(a) He knows who the real killer is.
(b) Somebody needs to analyze the crime scene.
(c) He compares it to a piece of literature.
(d) It is not unsolvable.
2. How much money did Madame L'Espanaye pull out from the bank?
(a) 4500 francs.
(b) 3500 francs.
(c) 3000 francs.
(d) 4000 francs.
3. Where is the first evidence for the murder found?
(a) The hearth.
(b) The backyard.
(c) The door.
(d) The window.
4. What are the contents of the second newspaper with information about the murders?
(a) Pictures of the crime scene.
(b) A brief statement of the arrest of a suspect.
(d) Pictures of suspects.
5. What was the older murder victim's job?
(b) Fortune teller.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to the man who helped the person of interest obtain the animal?
2. What is the second word that the policeman hears from outside the crime scene?
3. Which of the following appears in Dupin's thought process for the comment he makes about an actor?
4. Who is shocked by Dupin's comments about the actor?
5. Which of the following is definitely not a motive for the murders?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)