|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Murders in the Rue Morgue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Rue Morgue?
(a) A home.
(b) A morgue.
(c) A cemetery.
(d) A theater.
2. What did all the witnesses agree about the second voice they heard?
(a) It was Spanish.
(b) It was foreign.
(c) It was gruff.
(d) It was a woman's voice.
3. Why does Dupin believe the police arrested the man they did?
(a) He was the only one with access to the home.
(b) He was the first suspect.
(c) He had a history of violence.
(d) He was a known thief.
4. Which of the following words describes The Narrator?
5. Who is able to back up the policeman's story?
(a) A neighbor.
(b) A shop owner.
(c) A tenant in the building.
(d) A salesman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is mentioned in the epigraph?
2. Who does Dupin believe has lost an animal?
3. Describe the body found in the chimney.
4. What does Dupin spend time investigating?
5. Describe the relationship between Dupin and the narrator.
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)