|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Murders in the Rue Morgue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Describe the room in which the neighbors found on the 4th floor.
2. Which character can be compared to Sherlock Holmes?
(a) The policeman.
(b) The sailor.
(c) The Narrator.
3. What did the police note about the windows at the Rue Morgue?
(a) They were the method of escape for the murderer.
(b) They had been broken.
(c) They were impossible to escape from.
(d) They had been replaced.
4. When the neighbors looked on the 4th floor, who did they see immediately?
(b) A sailor.
(c) The narrator.
5. What woke up the neighbors of the Rue Morgue?
(a) Breaking windows.
(b) A fight.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of home do Dupin and the narrator live in?
2. On what floor were voices heard in the Rue Morgue?
3. What are the only possible manners of escape from the Rue Morgue for the murderer?
4. What evidence exists against Adolphe?
5. How did the second person interviewed know one of the murder victims?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)