|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Murders in the Rue Morgue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the neighbors looked on the 4th floor, who did they see immediately?
(b) A sailor.
(c) The narrator.
2. Why are the murder victims the only ones living in the Rue Morgue?
(a) Nobody wanted to live with them.
(b) There wasn't enough space for more people.
(c) They were recluses.
(d) They tired of tenants.
3. On what floor were voices heard in the Rue Morgue?
4. Who does Dupin relay the story of the murder to?
(a) The laundress.
(b) The tobacco salesman.
(c) A woman on the street.
(d) The police.
5. What was the older murder victim's job?
(c) Fortune teller.
Short Answer Questions
1. What language does the third witness claim to have heard from the second voice at the crime scene?
2. Where was all the furniture located at the Rue Morgue?
3. What does Dupin believe he may have to do to the man who is coming to visit them?
4. When the news report is read by Dupin, what does he realize?
5. What was the animal doing when the man followed him and found him elsewhere?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)