|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Murders in the Rue Morgue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes the windows appear unopenable?
(a) Broken glass.
(c) A mirror.
(d) A spring mechanism.
2. Who is first interviewed about the murders?
(a) A laundress.
(b) A tobacco salesman.
(c) The narrator.
3. How many people have been killed in the story?
4. What does Dupin tell the person of interest that he has?
(b) A pistol.
(c) A phone.
(d) A knife.
5. What was Dupin able to obtain from the police?
(a) Jewelry that once belonged to the victims.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Dupin believe the killer is?
2. What genre does the story best fit into?
3. What is Adolphe's job?
4. Who was the first to testify at the trial?
5. What is evidence of no forced entry into the Rue Morgue?
This section contains 171 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)