|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Murders in the Rue Morgue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first evidence found at the Rue Morgue?
(a) A weapon.
(d) Glass from the broken window.
2. What was the older murder victim's job?
(a) Fortune teller.
3. What fact is determined about the chimney?
(a) The victim was still alive when she was put in the chimney.
(b) The body in the chimney had been there longer than the other.
(c) It is too small to be an entrance and exit.
(d) The chimeny had previously been blocked in.
4. How does Dupin know the man who was arrested for the murders?
(a) The man wrote a letter to Dupin.
(b) The man helped Dupin with something.
(c) The man was a waiter at a restaurant Dupin frequented.
(d) The man sold Dupin a detective story.
5. What language does the third witness claim to have heard from the second voice at the crime scene?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Dupin believe the police arrested the man they did?
2. What genre does the story best fit into?
3. Who does Dupin relay the story of the murder to?
4. Who does Dupin claim to know?
5. What evidence exists against Adolphe?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)