|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Murders in the Rue Morgue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Dupin describe the hair that he found when he conducted his own investigation?
(a) Not belonging to a human.
(b) Suggesting a poor diet for the person who it shed from.
(c) Pieces of a wig.
2. What is the occupation of the second person interviewed about the murders?
(c) Fortune teller.
3. What is Adolphe's job?
4. How does Dupin get to the crime scene?
(a) He breaks open the gate.
(b) He breaks down the door.
(c) He is given permission.
(d) He sneaks in through a window.
5. What makes the windows appear unopenable?
(a) Broken glass.
(b) A mirror.
(c) A spring mechanism.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the narrator describe as having an analytical mind?
2. What does Dupin tell the person of interest that he has?
3. What did all the witnesses agree about the second voice they heard?
4. Why did the animal need help from the person of interest?
5. Describe the room in which the neighbors found on the 4th floor.
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)