|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Murders in the Rue Morgue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who pays the rent in the home that Dupin and the narrator live in?
(b) The narrator.
(c) The government.
(d) Dupin's family.
2. Describe the first piece of evidence found at the crime scene.
3. What is the purpose of the epigraph in the beginning of the story?
(a) To foreshadow future events.
(b) To illustrate the scene.
(c) To introduce the characters.
(d) To give the solution to the mystery.
4. What game does the word draughts refer to?
5. Where did Dupin find hair when he conducted his own investigation?
(a) Near the chimney.
(b) Near Madame L'Espanaye.
(c) In the bathroom.
(d) Near the jewelry box.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of motive for murder does Dupin believe the man who was arrested has, despite the fact that he is the main suspect?
2. What does Dupin hope the ad will do directly?
3. What phrase did the third witness claim to have heard outside the crime scene?
4. What is the color of the first piece of evidence found at the Rue Morgue?
5. How did the policeman describe the second voice he heard inside the Rue Morgue?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)