|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Murders in the Rue Morgue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is an epigraph?
(a) A solution to a problem.
(b) A quotation from another work.
(c) A piece of figurative language.
(d) A piece of dialogue.
2. Describe the body found in the chimney.
(a) A young woman.
(b) An animal.
(c) A child.
(d) An old woman.
3. How is Dupin different from his family?
(a) He is mpoverished.
(b) He is sympathetic.
(c) He is vindictive.
(d) He is wealthy.
4. What is found on the neck of the younger murder victim?
5. What does Duping believe is true about the killer?
(a) He hated the women with a passion.
(b) He was very hairy.
(c) He had unusual strength.
(d) He could not speak.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following statements is true about the older victim?
2. What is the style of Dupin and the narrator's home?
3. How did the animal act when the man walked in on him at the Rue Morgue?
4. What does the person of interest tell Dupin?
5. On what topic do all testimonials disagree at the trial?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)