|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Murders in the Rue Morgue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who helped the person of interest obtain the animal?
(a) His brother.
(b) His friend.
(c) His boss.
(d) His cousin.
2. When Dupin believes he know who the killer is, what does he give The Narrator?
(a) A knife.
(b) A camera.
(c) A pistol.
(d) A rope.
3. What happened when the man walked in on the animal?
(a) The animal ran off immediately.
(b) The animal stabbed him.
(c) The animal did not notice.
(d) A struggle ensued.
4. What is Dupin's middle name?
5. Who did Adolphe see when he accompanied the murder victim home?
(a) A policeman.
(b) Only her daughter.
(c) The banker.
(d) Three neighbors.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the purpose of the epigraph in the beginning of the story?
2. Who found a ribbon at the crime scene?
3. How was the person found in the chimney killed?
4. What is the setting of the events that unfold in the story?
5. What appears to be impossible for the murderer to have done in the room at the Rue Morgue?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)