|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Murders in the Rue Morgue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Adolphe's last name?
(c) Le Bon.
(d) Mon Dieu.
2. How many pieces are a part of the first evidence found in the Rue Morgue?
3. Which of the following did the animal do?
(a) Smashed a window.
(b) Stole jewelry.
(c) Strangled a woman.
(d) Threw a mirror.
4. What is directly outside the window at the Rue Morgue?
(a) A lightning rod.
(b) A tree.
(c) A clothing line.
(d) A pool of water down below.
5. Why does Dupin believe the police arrested the man they did?
(a) He was a known thief.
(b) He had a history of violence.
(c) He was the only one with access to the home.
(d) He was the first suspect.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the narrator describe as madmen?
2. What is Dupin's interest in the case?
3. What is the setting of the events that unfold in the story?
4. How long had the first person interviewed known the murder victims?
5. What fact is determined about the chimney?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)