|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Murders in the Rue Morgue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the language of the second voice, according to the neighbor who testified about the case?
2. Who does Dupin claim to know?
(a) A group of sailors.
(b) The mayor.
(c) The head of police.
(d) The head politician in his area.
3. Which character can be compared to Sherlock Holmes?
(b) The Narrator.
(c) The sailor.
(d) The policeman.
4. What is Dupin's interest in the case?
(a) He feels it is his duty as a citizen.
(b) To find justice for the women.
(c) To clear the man who was arrested.
(d) He hates the real killer.
5. What game does the word draughts refer to?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Dupin's middle name?
2. Who pays the rent in the home that Dupin and the narrator live in?
3. What specific type of person does the narrator claim is often incapable of analysis?
4. What is the setting of the events that unfold in the story?
5. Who does Dupin believe has lost an animal?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)