|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Murders in the Rue Morgue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the person of interest's goal for the animal?
(a) To kill it and eat it.
(b) To use it as a tool.
(c) To sell it.
(d) To kill it for sport.
2. What is the name of the author of the epigraph?
(a) Sir Thomas Browne.
(b) Sir Samuel Smithe.
(c) Sir Arthur Hoyle.
(d) Sir Bennet Austin.
3. Who speaks through a translator at the court case for the murders?
(a) The salesman.
(b) A neighbor of the victims.
(c) The restaurant owner.
(d) The policeman.
4. Who explained the younger victim's death at the trial?
(a) A doctor.
(c) A salesman.
(d) A news reporter.
5. Where is the first evidence for the murder found?
(a) The window.
(b) The hearth.
(c) The backyard.
(d) The door.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who goes with Dupin to the Rue Morgue?
2. What does the epigraph introduce?
3. What game does the word draughts refer to?
4. What are the only possible manners of escape from the Rue Morgue for the murderer?
5. Who does Dupin explain his hypothesis to first?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)