|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Murders in the Rue Morgue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the epigraph's message to the reader?
(a) All mysteries are solvable.
(b) There are many temptations in life.
(c) Anybody or anything can be a killer.
(d) Analysis is very important.
2. How did the person of interest obtain the animal?
(a) He rescued it.
(b) He captured it.
(c) It followed him home.
(d) He bought it.
3. What game does the word draughts refer to?
4. How many pieces are a part of the first evidence found in the Rue Morgue?
5. Who is able to back up the policeman's story?
(a) A tenant in the building.
(b) A shop owner.
(c) A neighbor.
(d) A salesman.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the animal respond to the man when he was caught?
2. What language does the third witness claim to have heard from the second voice at the crime scene?
3. What was the tone of the voices that the neighbors heard?
4. What is the occupation of the fourth witness at the court case for the murders?
5. As a result of the man walking in on the animal at the Rue Morgue, what did the animal do?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)