|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Murders in the Rue Morgue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What fact is determined about the chimney?
(a) It is too small to be an entrance and exit.
(b) The body in the chimney had been there longer than the other.
(c) The victim was still alive when she was put in the chimney.
(d) The chimeny had previously been blocked in.
2. Which character serves as a template for deductive minds?
(a) The policeman.
(b) The sailor.
(c) The Narrator.
3. What are the police not focusing on, according to Dupin?
(a) The place that the killer worked.
(b) Important aspects of the crime.
(c) Possible suspects.
(d) Other possible victims.
4. How many voices did the policeman claim to hear inside the Rue Morgue?
5. What genre does the story best fit into?
(a) Ghost story.
(b) Detective story.
(c) Gothic horror story.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the actor that Dupin remarks on?
2. What tool was the animal using when the man walked in on him?
3. What is the second word that the policeman hears from outside the crime scene?
4. Who does Dupin believe has lost an animal?
5. What second item would provide a way for the murderer to enter and escape from the windows?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)