|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Murders in the Rue Morgue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Dupin's one impossible scenario?
(a) The women were killed by a friend.
(b) The murderer was an animal.
(c) The women killed each other.
(d) A woman killed the victims.
2. What are the only possible manners of escape from the Rue Morgue for the murderer?
(b) A trapdoor on the floor.
3. What does the epigraph introduce?
(a) The killer's temperment.
(b) The motivations of each character.
(c) The gothic mansion.
(d) A recurring theme.
4. How was the person found in the chimney killed?
5. What does Duping believe is true about the killer?
(a) He hated the women with a passion.
(b) He could not speak.
(c) He was very hairy.
(d) He had unusual strength.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the contents of the second newspaper with information about the murders?
2. How does Dupin feel about the police investigation of the murders?
3. What game does the word draughts refer to?
4. What could the police hear from outside the Rue Morgue?
5. On what floor were voices heard in the Rue Morgue?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)