|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Murders in the Rue Morgue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What fact is determined about the chimney?
(a) It is too small to be an entrance and exit.
(b) The chimeny had previously been blocked in.
(c) The body in the chimney had been there longer than the other.
(d) The victim was still alive when she was put in the chimney.
2. What specific type of person does the narrator claim is often incapable of analysis?
(a) Ingenious men.
(b) Social men.
3. What does Dupin believe he may have to do to the man who is coming to visit them?
(a) Detain him.
(b) Torture him.
(c) Turn him in to the police.
(d) Kill him.
4. What tool was the animal using when the man walked in on him?
(a) A pen.
(b) A fork.
(c) A razor.
(d) A knife.
5. What is evidence of no forced entry into the Rue Morgue?
(a) The doors were locked from the inside.
(b) There were cobwebs over all the doors.
(c) There were no windows.
(d) The gate had not been opened in years.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the animal respond to the man when he was caught?
2. How was the body placed in the chimney?
3. What makes the windows appear unopenable?
4. What is the second sign of struggle at the crime scene?
5. What was the ribbon once used for?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)