|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Murders in the Rue Morgue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the animal do to the older victim?
(a) Threw her into the kitchen.
(b) Threw her out the window.
(c) Smashed her head on a mirror.
(d) Put her in a bathtub.
2. Describe the body found in the chimney.
(a) A child.
(b) An animal.
(c) An old woman.
(d) A young woman.
3. What is the first event that leads to Dupin analyzing a thought that the narrator has?
(a) A policeman stopped to talk to them.
(b) Somebody bumps into the narrator.
(c) An actor walked by.
(d) Somebody walked by drinking alcohol.
4. Who does the narrator describe as having an analytical mind?
(c) One of the murder victims.
(d) The sailor.
5. Who does the narrator describe as madmen?
(a) Dupin and the sailor.
(b) The sailor and his pet.
(c) The murder victims.
(d) Dupin and himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who goes with Dupin to the Rue Morgue?
2. Who is described as using calculation, not analysis?
3. Where was the older murder victim cut?
4. What appears to be impossible for the murderer to have done in the room at the Rue Morgue?
5. Who does Dupin explain his hypothesis to first?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)