|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Murders in the Rue Morgue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who speaks through a translator at the court case for the murders?
(a) A neighbor of the victims.
(b) The restaurant owner.
(c) The policeman.
(d) The salesman.
2. What language did the policeman believe the second voice was speaking?
3. At a single glance, what can be assumed about the windows?
(a) They are nailed shut inside.
(b) They are broken from the inside.
(c) They are borken from the outside.
(d) They are nailed shut outside.
4. What was the tone of the voices that the neighbors heard?
5. What does Duping believe is true about the killer?
(a) He had unusual strength.
(b) He hated the women with a passion.
(c) He was very hairy.
(d) He could not speak.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the older murder victim die?
2. What is the epigraph's message to the reader?
3. When Dupin believes he know who the killer is, what does he give The Narrator?
4. Who does Dupin believe has lost an animal?
5. How many people have been killed in the story?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)