|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 22, Drew harps on Merry to ____________________.
2. What tradition had Lulu and Merry adopted over the years to mark the date of their mother's death?
3. Cassandra's teacher told Drew that Cassandra is obsessed with ____________________.
4. Drew thinks it is time to tell Cassandra and Ruby ________________________.
5. Where does Lulu attend medical school?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Merry's gift of the onyx box create an emotional upheaval in Lulu's house?
2. What positive input does Merry have from Jesse regarding how she helped him and how he wants to help her?
3. Why does Merry have to visit her father in prison by herself?
4. What secrets does Merry keep from Michael when he takes her to New York for the weekend?
5. What letter does Merry get that sends her already fragile emotions into overdrive?
6. What questions is Cassandra badgering Lulu about since she began therapy?
7. How does Lulu try to help Merry after Anne Cohen dies and what does Lulu learn about Merry's inappropriate behavior?
8. What disappointments is Merry dealing with that make her give in and call her married lover to come over?
9. How is Merry's life a series of conflicts based on how responsibly she interacts with her clients while her own personal life is a mess?
10. How do Cassandra and Ruby learn the secrets about their grandparents and what is the irony in this situation?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of struggle. Identify at least two instances about struggle in the book and then cite examples to support your answers.
Essay Topic 2
There are several events of foreshadowing in THE MURDERER'S DAUGHTERS. Define foreshadowing. Cite at least two situations in the story that serve as foreshadowing.
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study of Merry. What did she look like? What were her positive personality traits? What were her dreams and fears? What was most valuable to her in her world?
This section contains 1,005 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)