|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what city does Lulu get married?
2. Which of the following is NOT one of the Cohens' children?
3. Lulu tells Drew that she has always thought her mother's death was _____________ fault.
4. Who negotiates with the parolee holding Merry, Cassandra and Ruby hostage?
5. Where is Joey living when Merry goes to visit him in Chapter 32?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes Lulu to have a panic attack while on an ER rotation when she is a resident?
2. What secrets does Merry keep from Michael when he takes her to New York for the weekend?
3. Why is Merry so upset that Lulu told Drew about their parents?
4. Why does Merry's gift of the onyx box create an emotional upheaval in Lulu's house?
5. What is notable about the night before Lulu's birthday and how do she and Merry spend it?
6. Who are Lulu's daughters and how close is Merry to Lulu's family?
7. What impact do the lies that Lulu forces Merry to tell about their lives have on Merry's life?
8. Why does Merry have to visit her father in prison by herself?
9. What questions is Cassandra badgering Lulu about since she began therapy?
10. Why does Lulu dislike celebrating her birthday and what unsettling gift does Merry give her this year?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study of Merry. What did she look like? What were her positive personality traits? What were her dreams and fears? What was most valuable to her in her world?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Drew. What is his role in the story? What was the author trying to accomplish by developing Drew's character in the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Lulu is no stranger to hurt and pain. From what you learn about Lulu life through this book, what are her biggest sorrows and worst betrayals? How does she manage through them? How do her coping skills evidence themselves in many aspects of her life? Explain.
This section contains 886 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)