|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Lulu unable to pick up Cassandra and Ruby from school like Drew had asked her to do?
2. In what month does Lulu get married?
3. How does Drew respond when Lulu tells him about her father's upcoming release?
4. Lulu is in trouble with one of the administrators at her practice for ______________________.
5. Who is the food vendor at Lulu's office building?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lulu's refusal to see her father create repercussions for her family?
2. What causes Lulu to have a panic attack while on an ER rotation when she is a resident?
3. What impact do their mother's death and their father's actions have on Lulu and Merry as they age?
4. What are the circumstances in which Merry has Cassandra and Ruby at the courthouse child care center and how are they threatened with violence in Merry's office?
5. Who are Lulu's daughters and how close is Merry to Lulu's family?
6. What is Lulu doing after she graduates college?
7. Why is Merry so upset that Lulu told Drew about their parents?
8. What secrets does Merry keep from Michael when he takes her to New York for the weekend?
9. What is Lulu's profession and where does she work?
10. Why is Lulu unable to help Merry who is in a highly emotional state regarding their father's release from prison?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Merry is no stranger to hurt and pain. From what you know about Merry in this book, what are her biggest sorrows and worst betrayals? How does she manage through them? How do her coping skills evidence themselves in many aspects of her life? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
There are several events of foreshadowing in THE MURDERER'S DAUGHTERS. Define foreshadowing. Cite at least two situations in the story that serve as foreshadowing.
Essay Topic 3
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of struggle. Identify at least two instances about struggle in the book and then cite examples to support your answers.
This section contains 1,143 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)