|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Lulu work in Chapter 11?
2. What question does Merry ask Lulu regarding their new foster parents?
3. What is Mrs. Cohen's first name?
4. Where does Lulu hide as her parents fight?
5. Why does Merry accompany her grandmother on the outings in #35?
Short Essay Questions
1. `What tragedy occurs as a result of Joey and Celeste's fight?
2. What surprises Lulu about her own feelings toward her father at the cemetery?
3. Who is Aunt Cilla and why does she refuse to take Lulu and Merry into her home?
4. How do family members treat Lulu and Merry because of their father?
5. What reason does Joey give to Merry for why he stabbed her that day?
6. How does Merry feel about being at the Cohens' house after she and Lulu have been there for a year?
7. Why is being foster children difficult for Lulu and Merry?
8. What pressures does Merry feel while living with the Cohens?
9. Why does Merry feel obligated to visit her father in prison?
10. What promise does Grandma Zelda force Lulu to make?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study of Merry. What did she look like? What were her positive personality traits? What were her dreams and fears? What was most valuable to her in her world?
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of Celeste. What did she look like? What were her positive personality traits? What were her dreams and fears? What was most valuable to her in her world?
Essay Topic 3
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of truth. Identify at least two instances about pride in the book and then cite examples to support your answer.
This section contains 945 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)