|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What request of Merry's does Lulu refuse to honor?
(a) To visit their father.
(b) To let her borrow her car.
(c) To be in her wedding.
(d) To loan her some money.
2. The day before Lulu's birthday is the anniversary of what?
(a) Her wedding.
(b) Her mother's death.
(c) Her daughter's birthday.
(d) Her med school graduation.
3. What does Lulu tell her father when she visits him in prison?
(a) That he can come stay with her.
(b) That he can stay with Merry.
(c) That he cannot move to Boston.
(d) That she is moving to California.
4. Drew sets Merry up on a date with Michael Epstein who is a/an _______________________.
5. What bad habit does Merry have in Chapter 16?
(a) She drives too fast.
(b) She drinks to excess.
(c) She does cocaine.
(d) She bites her nails.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Lulu not enjoy celebrating her birthday?
2. Where does Lulu live in Chapter 13?
3. How many years has it been since Lulu last saw her father at their grandmother's funeral?
4. Who is Lulu's favorite patient?
5. What type of patients are Lulu's specialty?
Short Essay Questions
1. What positive input does Merry have from Jesse regarding how she helped him and how he wants to help her?
2. Why does Lulu dislike celebrating her birthday and what unsettling gift does Merry give her this year?
3. In what ways does Lulu still take care of Merry and what destructive patterns has Merry established in her life?
4. What does Lulu find out when she finally arrives at the courthouse?
5. What disappointments is Merry dealing with that make her give in and call her married lover to come over?
6. How do Lulu and Merry feel about their father at the end of the book?
7. How does Lulu try to help Merry after Anne Cohen dies and what does Lulu learn about Merry's inappropriate behavior?
8. What secrets does Merry keep from Michael when he takes her to New York for the weekend?
9. What is Lulu's profession and where does she work?
10. What is notable about the night before Lulu's birthday and how do she and Merry spend it?
This section contains 953 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)