|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Lulu unable to pick up Cassandra and Ruby from school like Drew had asked her to do?
(a) She had to be with Audra.
(b) She was detained in a staff meeting.
(c) She got caught in traffic.
(d) She got held up in surgery.
2. Who is Merry's client in Chapter 16?
3. How does Drew respond when Lulu tells him about her father's upcoming release?
(a) He tells her he can stay with them until he gets on his feet.
(b) He tells her he is not welcome in their home.
(c) He tells her she is not alone.
(d) He tells her he has to stay out of Boston.
4. What does Merry eat when she comes to see Lulu early in the morning?
(a) Beef jerky.
(d) Cold pizza.
5. What does Lulu learn is the best way to remove the stink of formaldehyde?
(a) Herbal Palmolive soap.
(d) Lemon Joy dishwashing soap.
Short Answer Questions
1. What explanation for his crimes does Joey give to Merry?
2. How often does Merry visit her father now?
3. After her last encounter with Quinn, what does Merry decide to give up?
4. What causes Lulu to have a panic attack in the Emergency Room one day?
5. Lulu's daughters think that Lulu's parents _____________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are Lulu's daughters and how close is Merry to Lulu's family?
2. Why is Lulu unable to help Merry who is in a highly emotional state regarding their father's release from prison?
3. How is Merry's life a series of conflicts based on how responsibly she interacts with her clients while her own personal life is a mess?
4. What is Lulu doing after she graduates college?
5. Why do Lulu and Merry never get a good reason for Joey's behavior so many years ago?
6. How does Lulu's refusal to see her father create repercussions for her family?
7. What disappointments is Merry dealing with that make her give in and call her married lover to come over?
8. How does Lulu meet Drew?
9. Why does Cassandra's teacher think she needs therapy and what is Lulu's opinion of the recommendation?
10. Why does Merry have to visit her father in prison by herself?
This section contains 1,107 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)