|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which one of Merry's clients comes to her office and is drunk and violent?
2. Cassandra tells Lulu that she is afraid Lulu and Drew will _______________________.
(a) Ground her.
(b) Make her live with Merry.
(c) Die in a car accident.
(d) Abandon her and Ruby.
3. In what month does Lulu get married?
4. Which of the following is NOT a worry that Cassandra has?
(a) She thinks someone might kidnap her.
(b) She thinks she could kill Ruby.
(c) She worries about being abandoned.
(d) She thinks someone might kill her.
5. Why is Merry not really interested in Michael?
(a) He is too educated for her.
(b) He is too cheap for her.
(c) He is too nice for her.
(d) He is too insensitive for her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Lulu attend medical school?
2. How much money does Lulu deposit in an account for her father?
3. What tradition had Lulu and Merry adopted over the years to mark the date of their mother's death?
4. Lulu's daughters think that Lulu's parents _____________________.
5. Where does Merry go when she tells Michael she is going shopping?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Lulu dislike celebrating her birthday and what unsettling gift does Merry give her this year?
2. What impact do their mother's death and their father's actions have on Lulu and Merry as they age?
3. How is Merry's life a series of conflicts based on how responsibly she interacts with her clients while her own personal life is a mess?
4. Why does Merry have to visit her father in prison by herself?
5. Why does Merry's gift of the onyx box create an emotional upheaval in Lulu's house?
6. What questions is Cassandra badgering Lulu about since she began therapy?
7. What is Lulu's profession and where does she work?
8. How do Lulu and Merry feel about their father at the end of the book?
9. What positive input does Merry have from Jesse regarding how she helped him and how he wants to help her?
10. In what ways does Lulu still take care of Merry and what destructive patterns has Merry established in her life?
This section contains 947 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)