|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Bix's mother's response to Bix saying he did not love her?
(a) She says she does not love Bix.
(b) She laughs.
(c) Attempted suicide.
(d) She slaps him.
2. About what do Bix and his stepfather argue?
(a) Bix going to a boarding school.
(b) Bix playing two major sports.
(c) Bix going to visit his mother in the psychiatric hospital.
(d) Bix doing his school work.
3. Out of what do the Home Economics students practice making hamburger patties?
(a) They use real hamburger.
(b) Paper mache.
(d) Flour dough.
4. What does Jerome realize one night when he is practicing?
(a) A stray dog is watching him.
(b) A train has stopped nearby.
(c) Bix is watching him.
(d) Two older boys are watching him.
5. What does Jerome offer for Bix to do?
(a) Go home with Jerome for dinner.
(b) Start back in the home economics class.
(c) Meet Jerome there every night.
(d) Teach Jerome baseball.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jerome say Bix needs to add to his game?
2. What bet is wagered in this section?
3. How is Jerome's mother when she gets home from the hospital?
4. What do Jerome's brothers think of his cooking at home?
5. Where did Bix get the basketball he has with him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bix do in the Home Economics class that is disturbing?
2. How does Bix make steps towards a friendship with Jerome?
3. How does Jerome discover who is at "his" court one night?
4. What does Jerome tell his momma about Bix and what is her response?
5. How does Jerome's lantern come to be called Spin Light?
6. What is Jerome surprised to see when he arrives at the basketball court?
7. How do Bix and Jerome deepen their friendship?
8. How does Jerome's new lantern help him with his basketball practice?
9. What does Bix's stepfather say about Bix's relationship to Bix's mother?
10. How does Jerome win a lantern?
This section contains 933 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)