|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jerome unable to restrain after a few minutes of hiding in the dark?
(a) His anger.
(b) His laughter.
(c) His happiness.
(d) His fear.
2. Why does Bix look for a new place to play basketball?
(a) The old place has some rough-looking boys playing there.
(b) The old place has been torn down.
(c) The old place is locked up.
(d) The old place is too far away.
3. What does Bix start incorporating into his game?
(a) Mean comments.
(c) Spinning the ball.
(d) Fake moves.
4. Who ensures that the bet is paid by the loser?
(a) Jerome's older brother.
(b) Some passengers.
(c) The guidance counselor.
5. What is Bix's stepfather doing as Jerome leaves?
(a) Sitting on a bench with his head in his hands.
(b) Shouting at Bix.
(c) Shooting baskets in the dark.
(d) Sitting on a bench crying.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jerome's mother say she wants to do before Jerome goes with Bix to the hospital?
2. How does Bix seem in Home Economics class?
3. What does Jerome hear as he is approaching the court?
4. What does Bix ask of Jerome?
5. What does Jerome imagine while he is practicing by himself on the basketball court?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jerome's new lantern help him with his basketball practice?
2. What does Miss Pimton teach to make in the next class and what is Jerome's reaction?
3. Why does Bix get angry at Jerome?
4. What is Jerome surprised to see when he arrives at the basketball court?
5. Who is watching Jerome one day as he is practicing and what does Jerome do?
6. How does Jerome feel going down the path to the court at night and what exacerbates those feelings?
7. What does Jerome look forward to in his Home Economics class, and what surprises him when he arrives there?
8. How do Jerome and Bix tease each other after Jerome shines his lantern on Bix?
9. Why does Bix challenge his stepfather to a one-on-one game and who is to referee the game?
10. How does Jerome's lantern come to be called Spin Light?
This section contains 838 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)