|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will be unique about Jerome's situation?
(a) He will be allowed to waive the mandatory requirements.
(b) He will be allowed to play on the basketball team.
(c) He will be the only black student.
(d) He will be one of only about 50 black students.
2. Where is it possible to play basketball both summer and winter?
(a) At the court hidden in the trees.
(b) At the court at the black YMCA.
(c) In the high school gym.
(d) In the white YMCA.
3. How long has Jerome known Bix before Bix runs away?
(a) Since they were babies.
(b) Since they were five.
(c) About a year.
(d) The three years of high school.
4. What does one of the white players say after the pick up game?
(a) That Jerome could help them win the state championship.
(b) That the coach is a racist pig.
(c) That Jerome is uppity for thinking of trying out for the team.
(d) That Jerome is the best basketball player there.
5. What school had Jerome planned to attend?
(a) Booker T. Washington.
(c) Third Avenue.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jerome say about his mother's interactions with other people?
2. Upon what does Jerome's mother not pay attention to concerning other people?
3. With what class would the other class interfere?
4. What does Jerome eventually recover?
5. Which team is doing best in the black/white game initially?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Jerome's attention forced away from his attempt to make friends?
2. How do Miss Pimton and the girls in Jerome's new class react to his arrival in the classroom and who is assigned to be his partner?
3. What is hidden in a grove of trees and what sometimes watches Jerome there?
4. What does Jerome want to do in church and what does he decide to do for Bix?
5. How does Jerome describe his momma?
6. Who shows up to cheer for Bix, and what are Jerome's observations about her and Bix's reaction to her?
7. What does Jerome say about making friends?
8. Describe Braxton Rivers' parents.
9. Describe Jerome's attempt to be accepted on the basketball team.
10. What does Jerome say about his French and Communications classes?
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)