|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Jerome say smiles politely when the person shows up?
(a) The coach of the black team.
(c) The coach of the white team.
2. Who goes with Jerome one day to play basketball?
(c) His father.
3. Who has to sign Jerome's drop form?
(a) Mr. Egglestobs.
(b) The principal.
(c) The basketball coach.
(d) Jerome's French teacher.
4. Who is the first person to notice Jerome's behavior?
(a) His brother.
(c) His father.
(d) His mother.
5. What new laws are in effect that will affect Jerome?
(c) Separate but equal.
(d) Jim Crow.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the counselor respond to Jerome's choice of schedule change?
2. Why does Jerome cut off a pair of his pants?
3. What does Maurice go off to college to do?
4. How does Jerome characterize Mr. Eggelestobbs?
5. What position does Bix play on the baseball team?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who shows up to cheer for Bix, and what are Jerome's observations about her and Bix's reaction to her?
2. What is hidden in a grove of trees and what sometimes watches Jerome there?
3. Describe Jerome's attempt to be accepted on the basketball team.
4. Describe Braxton Rivers' parents.
5. What is Jerome doing the night he meets Bix?
6. Who accompanies Jerome to the basketball court one day and how does Jerome feel about that?
7. What are Jerome and his momma told about the new integration regulations?
8. What does Jerome say about the white sports league versus the black one?
9. Who does the narrator, Jerome, introduce and what does he say about where the young man is?
10. What does Jerome say about regaining his sense of privacy and how he is mistaken?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)