|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who calls Jerome in to talk with him?
(a) The principal.
(b) The school counselor.
(c) The basketball coach.
(d) The school nurse.
2. What does Jerome's mother ask him one day?
(a) If he is angry at the world.
(b) If he is sad.
(c) If he wants to be something when he grows up.
(d) Why he is talking to himself.
3. What position does Bix play on the baseball team?
(a) Left field.
(b) First base.
4. What does Jerome realize after his mother asks him a question about his behavior?
(a) He is sad that Bix does not seem to want to be friends.
(b) He tends to vocalize basketball plays.
(c) He never talks directly to others.
(d) He does want to be something other than a factory worker.
5. What does Jerome want to do in church?
(a) Answer the altar call.
(b) Tell the truth about Bix.
(c) Sing a solo.
(d) He does not go to church.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jerome say about his mother's interactions with other people?
2. About what does the visitor to Jerome's home assure Jerome?
3. What is Bix's stepfather busy gathering?
4. What is the effect of the person going with Jerome?
5. What new laws are in effect that will affect Jerome?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Miss Pimton and the girls in Jerome's new class react to his arrival in the classroom and who is assigned to be his partner?
2. What does Jerome say about making friends?
3. What does Jerome's momma point out to him one day and how does he react?
4. How does Jerome describe his momma?
5. What does Jerome say about regaining his sense of privacy and how he is mistaken?
6. What does Jerome say about his French and Communications classes?
7. What does Jerome say about the situation about attending Chestnut Street Junior High School, and how does his momma react?
8. What does Jerome say about the white sports league versus the black one?
9. Who shows up to cheer for Bix, and what are Jerome's observations about her and Bix's reaction to her?
10. What new responsibilities does Jerome assume at home and who talks to Jerome about this?
This section contains 837 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)