|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jerome's mother want Jerome to do with what he wins?
(a) Return it.
(b) Let everyone in the family use it.
(c) She does not care.
(d) Pawn it for food for the family.
2. Who tests the winning pie(s)?
(a) The principal.
(b) Another teacher.
(c) The janitor.
(d) The nurse.
3. How does Jerome calm Bix?
(a) Calls him Bix instead of Baxter.
(b) Challenges him to a pick-up game of basketball.
(c) Tells Bix a joke.
(d) Tells Bix why he admires his baseball playing.
4. What do the girls suggest about the best looking pie?
(a) It be baked first.
(b) It be given to the football team.
(c) It be given to the basketball team.
(d) It be given to the principal.
5. What does Bix's stepfather agree to do though he is clearly tired?
(a) Continue playing.
(b) Play a three-way game.
(c) Talk with Bix about his mother.
6. What happens in Jerome's Home Economics class the next week?
(a) Bix comes in and demands they make something real.
(b) Bix does not attend and drops out completely.
(c) Bix comes in and yells at the teacher and then sulks in the corner.
(d) Jerome quits the class.
7. What is Bix doing in the corner of the Home Economics room?
(a) Cutting himself.
(c) Talking on his cell phone.
(d) Eating pie.
8. How long is it before Jerome sees Bix again after the disagreement about moves on the court?
(a) About 4 months.
(b) About 3 weeks.
(c) About 2 months.
(d) About 6 months.
9. What does Jerome worry about for his mother?
(a) She may have some emotional lapses.
(b) Her thinking may have been damaged.
(c) She may not be able to help him with his problems at school anymore.
(d) She may want to take over care of the house too soon.
10. What does Jerome say Bix needs to add to his game?
(d) Fakes and gestures to confuse the opponent.
11. Where is the new court where Jerome practices?
(a) In a predominantly white section of town.
(b) Near a junkyard.
(c) Near the city dump.
(d) Near some train tracks.
12. What does Jerome realize one night when he is practicing?
(a) Bix is watching him.
(b) A stray dog is watching him.
(c) A train has stopped nearby.
(d) Two older boys are watching him.
13. Who does Jerome say moves like a real player(s)?
(a) Bix and his stepfather.
(c) Both Bix and the stepfather?
(d) Bix's stepfather.
14. What does Jerome's mother say she wants to do before Jerome goes with Bix to the hospital?
(a) Meet Bix's mother.
(b) Talk to Bix's stepfather.
(d) Meet Bix.
15. What bet is wagered in this section?
(a) Jerome's ball against a spot in the home economics class.
(b) Jerome's ball against one of the other boy's knives.
(c) Jerome's ball against the crewman's lantern.
(d) Jerome's ball against Bix's glove.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Jerome's question about what they are to make received by the girls?
2. How does Bix react to the first part of the contest?
3. How is Jerome's mother when she gets home from the hospital?
4. What does Miss Pimton say about what they are going to make?
5. What are the students to make the next time Jerome goes to his Home Economics class?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)