|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bix call what he does with the lantern?
(a) Whirly light.
(c) Spin Light.
(d) Light circle.
2. How long is it before Jerome sees Bix again after the disagreement about moves on the court?
(a) About 3 weeks.
(b) About 2 months.
(c) About 6 months.
(d) About 4 months.
3. What does Miss Pimton say about what they are going to make?
(a) It is more nutritious than the real thing.
(b) It has much less sugar than the real thing.
(c) It is less tasty than the real thing.
(d) It is cheaper than the real thing.
4. When does Bix say he will visit his mother?
(a) The next day.
(b) The following Friday.
(c) He does not say.
(d) In another month.
5. How does Bix respond to Jerome's suggestion about Bix's game?
(a) He says he'll never love basketball like Jerome does.
(b) He says baseball is his love and he really does not want to put that much effort into basketball.
(c) He calls the moves Jerome suggests as dishonesty.
(d) He says he can beat Jerome without any fancy stuff.
6. How does Jerome make Bix laugh?
(a) Showing him an underhanded ball throw.
(b) Making alien noises.
(c) Jerome promises to bring Spin Light to the basketball court.
(d) Jerome dictates the basketball game as if it were a baseball game.
7. What does Jerome take with him to his favorite basketball court?
(a) A whistle to scare the dogs.
(b) A new basketball.
(c) His new lantern.
(d) His dinner in a paper sack.
8. Who tests the winning pie(s)?
(a) Another teacher.
(b) The nurse.
(c) The janitor.
(d) The principal.
9. Why can Jerome use his secluded basketball court now?
(a) His brother is going with him in the family car and using the headlights for Jerome to play.
(b) The city has installed lights on the court.
(c) It is summer and the days are longer so there's light longer.
(d) The lantern gives him light to play and to walk home.
10. What does Jerome's momma realize that Jerome's been neglecting?
(a) His music.
(b) His grandparents.
(c) His basketball.
(d) His academic courses.
11. How is Jerome's mother when she gets home from the hospital?
(b) Slower, quieter and weaker.
(c) Pretty much back to her old self.
(d) Happy and energetic.
12. What is Bix doing in the corner of the Home Economics room?
(b) Eating pie.
(c) Cutting himself.
(d) Talking on his cell phone.
13. Who does Jerome say moves like a real player(s)?
(b) Both Bix and the stepfather?
(c) Bix's stepfather.
(d) Bix and his stepfather.
14. What does Jerome's mother encourage all three of her sons to do?
(a) Stay home from school for a week and spend time with her.
(b) Talk more with their dad.
(c) Have a party to have some fun.
(d) Get back to their old routines.
15. What does Jerome hear as he is approaching the court?
(a) The sound of a police megaphone.
(b) The sound of a basketball bouncing.
(c) The sound of several boys' voices.
(d) The sound of a dog growling.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what is Bobo in line?
2. How does Jerome feel about learning who his partner is?
3. What do the girls suggest about the best looking pie?
4. What changes with Bix as he plays with the lantern?
5. What does Jerome realize one night when he is practicing?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)