|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is at the basketball court when Jerome arrives for the challenge?
(a) No one.
(c) Bix's stepfather.
(d) Bix's mother and stepfather.
2. How does Jerome try to break the ice between him and Bix?
(a) With a joke.
(b) By letting Bix choose what they will cook.
(c) With a comment about the teacher.
(d) By saying Jerome admires Bix's short stop abilities.
3. How is Jerome's mother when she gets home from the hospital?
(b) Slower, quieter and weaker.
(c) Pretty much back to her old self.
(d) Happy and energetic.
4. What is Jerome prepared to do the next time he goes to his Home Economics class?
(a) Be asked to leave the class.
(b) Dislike the teacher.
(c) Prove he can cook better than the girls.
(d) Meet his partner.
5. How does Jerome make Bix laugh?
(a) Making alien noises.
(b) Jerome dictates the basketball game as if it were a baseball game.
(c) Showing him an underhanded ball throw.
(d) Jerome promises to bring Spin Light to the basketball court.
6. Out of what do the Home Economics students practice making hamburger patties?
(a) Paper mache.
(b) Flour dough.
(d) They use real hamburger.
7. Who ensures that the bet is paid by the loser?
(a) The guidance counselor.
(b) Jerome's older brother.
(c) Some passengers.
8. Where has Jerome seen his partner before?
(a) At church.
(b) In the principal's office.
(c) At the ball field.
(d) At the hospital when Jerome is visiting his mother.
9. What does Jerome take with him to his favorite basketball court?
(a) His dinner in a paper sack.
(b) His new lantern.
(c) A whistle to scare the dogs.
(d) A new basketball.
10. How does Jerome feel about learning who his partner is?
11. What does Jerome say Bix needs to add to his game?
(c) Fakes and gestures to confuse the opponent.
12. About what do Bix and his stepfather argue?
(a) Bix playing two major sports.
(b) Bix going to visit his mother in the psychiatric hospital.
(c) Bix doing his school work.
(d) Bix going to a boarding school.
13. How is Jerome's question about what they are to make received by the girls?
(a) The female students are glad he brings up some valid points.
(b) The girls think Jerome has a valid point.
(c) The female students are shocked at his boldness.
(d) The girls ignore Jerome.
14. What does Bix challenge his stepfather to do?
(a) Send him to the boarding school and see what Bix does about that.
(b) Play a one-on-one game of basketball.
(c) Take him to see his mother and then let Bix decide if he wants to go back.
(d) Let him go live with his real dad.
15. Where did Bix get the basketball he has with him?
(a) His stepfather.
(b) The YMCA.
(c) The school gym.
(d) A department store.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Jerome nervous as he is headed towards his favorite court?
2. Where is the new court where Jerome practices?
3. What does Jerome's momma realize that Jerome's been neglecting?
4. What is bounceball?
5. What does Jerome's mother say to Bix privately?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)