|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bix say everyone is doing?
(a) Laughing at him.
(b) Talking about him.
(c) Poisoning the pies.
(d) Telling lies.
2. What does Jerome say Bix needs to add to his game?
(c) Fakes and gestures to confuse the opponent.
3. What does Jerome's mother want Jerome to do with what he wins?
(a) She does not care.
(b) Let everyone in the family use it.
(c) Pawn it for food for the family.
(d) Return it.
4. How does Jerome calm Bix?
(a) Tells Bix a joke.
(b) Calls him Bix instead of Baxter.
(c) Tells Bix why he admires his baseball playing.
(d) Challenges him to a pick-up game of basketball.
5. Where has Jerome seen his partner before?
(a) At church.
(b) At the ball field.
(c) In the principal's office.
(d) At the hospital when Jerome is visiting his mother.
6. At what does Jerome say Bix is a natural?
(a) Stand-up comedy.
7. Who ensures that the bet is paid by the loser?
(b) Jerome's older brother.
(c) The guidance counselor.
(d) Some passengers.
8. What does Jerome pretend as he's hiding in the shadows?
(a) To be a high school basketball recruiter.
(b) To be a pro basketball player.
(c) To be an alien from Saturn.
(d) To be a detective.
9. What does Jerome imagine while he is practicing by himself on the basketball court?
(a) Playing against Bix.
(b) A scout seeing him.
(c) Getting on the high school team.
(d) Playing for the pros.
10. Who is Bobo?
(a) A big man the black crewman calls up.
(b) A friend Bix brings with him.
(c) A new boy at school.
(d) A friend of Jerome's who is blind.
11. What does Jerome try to convince Bix Jerome was doing?
(a) Waiting to see if any other white guys were going to arrive.
(b) Studying over Bix's basketball moves.
(d) Trying to decide if he wanted to come onto the court.
12. How does Jerome make Bix laugh?
(a) Jerome dictates the basketball game as if it were a baseball game.
(b) Showing him an underhanded ball throw.
(c) Making alien noises.
(d) Jerome promises to bring Spin Light to the basketball court.
13. Who tests the winning pie(s)?
(a) The nurse.
(b) The janitor.
(c) Another teacher.
(d) The principal.
14. What does Bix's stepfather say affected Bix's relationship with his mother?
(a) Bix's refusal to give in ever.
(b) Bix's obsession with his mother being something she is not.
(c) Bix's obstinacy.
(d) Bix's obsession with the truth.
15. How long does Jerome work with Bix on the basketball court?
(a) About a year.
(b) About 6 months.
(c) About a week.
(d) About 6 weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jerome's mother say she wants to do before Jerome goes with Bix to the hospital?
2. What does Jerome's mother encourage all three of her sons to do?
3. What is Bix doing in the corner of the Home Economics room?
4. What is bounceball?
5. What is counting quietly as Jerome approaches the basketball court?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)