|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the effect of the person going with Jerome?
(a) Jerome sees his brother as a real person.
(b) Jerome sees his father as a real person.
(c) It ruins his secret place for a while.
(d) Jerome does not see Bix as a white boy.
2. Who else is scheduled to be in Jerome's new class?
(a) Braxton Rivers.
(b) One of the basketball players who taunted Jerome.
(d) One of the basketball players who wanted Jerome to play on the team.
3. Who are some people Jerome's brother continually analyzes?
(a) Jerome's brother's Sunday school teacher and the church's preacher.
(b) Jerome's brother's teachers.
(c) Jerome's brother's classmates.
(d) The baseball team the brother coaches.
4. What is Bix's stepfather busy gathering?
(b) Information about where Bix's mother could be.
(d) Testimony against his business partner.
5. What of Bix's does Jerome have?
(a) Bix's assurances.
(b) Bix's notebook.
(c) Bix's best baseball cleats.
(d) Bix's poetry.
6. Upon what does Jerome's mother focus concerning other people?
(a) Whether they go to church.
(b) Their eyes.
(c) Who they are and what they do.
(d) Their occupations.
7. What class does Jerome decide to drop in order to change to the suggested class?
8. What is "You LIke It, It Likes You"?
(a) The Coca-Cola slogan.
(b) The Schwinn slogan.
(c) The Seven-Up slogan.
(d) The Westinghouse slogan.
9. What chore does Jerome assume at home?
(d) Lawn work.
10. Who has to sign Jerome's drop form?
(a) The principal.
(b) The basketball coach.
(c) Mr. Egglestobs.
(d) Jerome's French teacher.
11. What does Jerome ask the counselor about the boy she calls "poor thing"?
(a) If he is new to the school.
(b) If he is in the same home situation as Jerome.
(c) If he is black.
(d) If he has a mother.
12. To what does the phrase "spin light" pertain?
(a) Playing shortstop.
(b) Playing soccer goalie.
(c) Playing pitcher.
(d) A video game Bix loves.
13. Where will Jerome start attending school?
(a) Hiram Junior High School.
(b) George Washington Carver Junior High School.
(c) Chestnut Street Junior High School.
(d) Walnut Street Junior High School.
14. What school had Jerome planned to attend?
(b) Third Avenue.
(c) Booker T. Washington.
15. What does the person do who shows up in the middle of the game?
(a) Cheers for Maurice.
(b) Picks a fight with some of the ball players.
(c) Arrests one of the spectators.
(d) Cheers for Bix.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Jerome say smiles politely when the person shows up?
2. What does Jerome's mother ask him one day?
3. What position does Bix play on the baseball team?
4. Why does Jerome cut off a pair of his pants?
5. What tune does the horn of one of the trucks play?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)