|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Last Part, Sections 27 and 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can Jerome use his secluded basketball court now?
(a) The city has installed lights on the court.
(b) The lantern gives him light to play and to walk home.
(c) His brother is going with him in the family car and using the headlights for Jerome to play.
(d) It is summer and the days are longer so there's light longer.
2. Why does Jerome worry that some people might think he is a thief?
(a) Because he took Bix's notebook out of Bix's bedroom.
(b) Because he took Bix's ball glove out of Bix's bedroom.
(c) Because he took Bix's ball cap out of Bix's bedroom.
(d) Because he took Bix's cleats out of Bix's bedroom.
3. What does Jerome's mother want Jerome to do with what he wins?
(a) She does not care.
(b) Let everyone in the family use it.
(c) Return it.
(d) Pawn it for food for the family.
4. How does Jerome try to break the ice between him and Bix?
(a) With a joke.
(b) With a comment about the teacher.
(c) By saying Jerome admires Bix's short stop abilities.
(d) By letting Bix choose what they will cook.
5. Upon what does Jerome's mother not pay attention to concerning other people?
(a) Their clothing.
(b) Their social status.
(c) Their achievements.
(d) Who they're not and what they don't do.
Short Answer Questions
1. What class is it suggested that Jerome take?
2. Who does Jerome discover at the basketball court?
3. Where is it possible to play basketball both summer and winter?
4. What happens to Jerome's mother?
5. What does the person notice about Jerome's behavior?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)