|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Last Part, Sections 23 and 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Bix when he runs away?
2. Why does Jerome cut off a pair of his pants?
(a) Because of the heat in the classroom.
(b) To try out for the basketball team.
(c) To protest treatment from a teacher.
(d) To make some of the white kids laugh.
3. What does Jerome take with him to his favorite basketball court?
(a) His new lantern.
(b) His dinner in a paper sack.
(c) A new basketball.
(d) A whistle to scare the dogs.
4. What difference does Jerome describe concerning sports leagues?
(a) He does not mention any differences.
(b) The difference between Jerome's favorite sport versus Bix's favorite sport.
(c) The difference between the coach of the football league versus the one of the soccer league.
(d) The differences between the popular, well-supported white little league and the less-popular, poorly-supported black little league.
5. What does Bix do the next week at school?
(a) He is absent from school that week.
(b) He is surly.
(c) He is boisterous and witty.
(d) He speaks to no one.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jerome realize after his mother asks him a question about his behavior?
2. Where does Jerome find directions to care for a baseball glove?
3. What is another way Jerome uses to find friends?
4. What happens when Jerome calls Braxton Rivers "luck"?
5. At what does Jerome say Bix is a natural?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)