|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Last Part, Sections 23 and 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jerome cut off a pair of his pants?
(a) To protest treatment from a teacher.
(b) Because of the heat in the classroom.
(c) To make some of the white kids laugh.
(d) To try out for the basketball team.
2. Who visits Jerome just before school opens?
(a) The teacher in the class he will be placed.
(b) The principal at the school he will attend.
(d) His former principal.
3. What does Miss Pimton say about what they are going to make?
(a) It has much less sugar than the real thing.
(b) It is cheaper than the real thing.
(c) It is less tasty than the real thing.
(d) It is more nutritious than the real thing.
4. What does Bix ask of Jerome?
(a) To be able to hold the lantern.
(b) To play baseball on Bix's team.
(c) To run away with him.
(d) To talk to Bix's stepfather.
5. Who is Jerome's unseen opponent?
(a) His father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bix call what he does with the lantern?
2. How does Jerome calm Bix?
3. How does Jerome try to break the ice between him and Bix?
4. Of what does Jerome's mother assure him concerning her anger?
5. How long does Jerome work with Bix on the basketball court?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)