|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Third Part, Section 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what does the visitor to Jerome's home assure Jerome?
(a) The fact that Jerome can always return to his former school.
(b) The fact that Jerome can be a wonderful ambassador for blacks.
(c) The fact that Jerome's fellow students in his former school are very proud of him.
(d) The quality of the education Jerome can expect at his new school.
2. What tune does the horn of one of the trucks play?
(a) "Take Me Out to the Ballgame".
(c) No tune.
(d) "Battle Hymn of the Republic".
3. What does Jerome's mother want Jerome to do with what he wins?
(a) Pawn it for food for the family.
(b) She does not care.
(c) Return it.
(d) Let everyone in the family use it.
4. Who accompanies Jerome most summer days?
(a) His best friend, Harold.
(b) No one.
(c) His two older brothers.
(d) His youngest brother.
5. What do the girls suggest about the best looking pie?
(a) It be given to the football team.
(b) It be given to the principal.
(c) It be baked first.
(d) It be given to the basketball team.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which team is doing best in the black/white game initially?
2. How does the counselor respond to Jerome's choice of schedule change?
3. What happens when Jerome calls Braxton Rivers "luck"?
4. About what does Jerome say his mother is angry?
5. To what does the phrase "spin light" pertain?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)