|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Third Part, Section 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the person do who shows up in the middle of the game?
(a) Cheers for Maurice.
(b) Picks a fight with some of the ball players.
(c) Cheers for Bix.
(d) Arrests one of the spectators.
2. What surprises Jerome when he tells his mother about Bix?
(a) He's embarrassed that he needs his mother's advice.
(b) He's sad that Bix seems to not like him that much.
(c) He realizes he's angry with Bix.
(d) He cries.
3. How does Bix seem in Home Economics class?
(b) Shy and uncomfortable.
4. What does Jerome realize one night when he is practicing?
(a) A train has stopped nearby.
(b) A stray dog is watching him.
(c) Two older boys are watching him.
(d) Bix is watching him.
5. What does the counselor tell Jerome about his new class?
(a) He will be the only boy in the class.
(b) He will have to get his mother's permission to take the class.
(c) He will have to stay after school to catch up for a week.
(d) He will not be the only boy in the class.
Short Answer Questions
1. What changes with Bix as he plays with the lantern?
2. Why is Mattie Sue happy about Jerome's arrival in Home Economics class?
3. Where is Bix's mother?
4. What does Jerome later find out when he first thought things were back to being right in his secret place?
5. What is hidden in a grove of trees?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)