|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Second Part, Sections 14 through 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the man with whom Jerome say he is?
(a) The owner of the ball field.
(b) The main detective in the local precinct.
(c) The baseball coach at the white high school.
(d) The owner of the Seven-Up plant.
2. Of what does Jerome's mother assure him concerning her anger?
(a) She will get over it.
(b) She needs to feel the anger but still loves him.
(c) She is working on getting rid of her anger.
(d) It is not about anything Jerome has done.
3. What does Jerome ask the counselor about the boy she calls "poor thing"?
(a) If he is new to the school.
(b) If he is black.
(c) If he is in the same home situation as Jerome.
(d) If he has a mother.
4. Why is Jerome angry?
(a) His father insisted he play football.
(b) His father would not let him play baseball.
(c) Bix laughs at Jerome when Jerome trips.
(d) He thinks Bix thinks Bix is too good to spend time with black people.
5. What happens when Jerome sneaks into Bix's room?
(a) He is caught by Bix's stepfather.
(b) He is caught by Bix's brother.
(c) He cries.
(d) He is caught by Bix's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jerome want to do in church?
2. What do the younger siblings of some of the ball players do?
3. Who else is scheduled to be in Jerome's new class?
4. What happens when Bix gets angry?
5. What does Jerome say about his mother's interactions with other people?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)