|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Second Part, Sections 14 through 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what does Jerome say his mother is angry?
(a) At Jerome's odd behavior.
(b) At Maurice's choice.
(c) At Jerome's father's job change.
(d) At the school integration situation.
2. With whom does Jerome speak after the ball game?
(a) The driver of the drink truck.
(b) The police officer.
(c) The white coach.
(d) The driver of the grill truck.
3. What does the counselor tell Jerome about his new class?
(a) He will not be the only boy in the class.
(b) He will have to get his mother's permission to take the class.
(c) He will have to stay after school to catch up for a week.
(d) He will be the only boy in the class.
4. Why does Jerome do that keeps the white students from bothering him?
(a) Avoids any possible confrontation.
(b) Beats up a boy who calls him "nigger".
(c) Wears a set of brass knuckles.
(d) Offers to help some students with their assignments.
5. What is Jerome's preferred sport?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one class Jerome mentions he enjoys?
2. Why does Jerome worry that some people might think he is a thief?
3. Who goes with Jerome one day to play basketball?
4. About what does the visitor to Jerome's home assure Jerome?
5. With whom does Miss Pimton suggest Jerome partner?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)