|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Second Part, Sections 11 through 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the younger siblings of some of the ball players do?
(a) Try to get their older brothers to buy them refreshments.
(b) Start fighting.
(c) Play a pick up game.
(d) Borrow shirts from both the black and the white players.
2. Why does Jerome do that keeps the white students from bothering him?
(a) Offers to help some students with their assignments.
(b) Wears a set of brass knuckles.
(c) Beats up a boy who calls him "nigger".
(d) Avoids any possible confrontation.
3. Upon what does Jerome's mother focus concerning other people?
(a) Who they are and what they do.
(b) Whether they go to church.
(c) Their occupations.
(d) Their eyes.
4. About what does Jerome say his mother is angry?
(a) At Maurice's choice.
(b) At Jerome's odd behavior.
(c) At the school integration situation.
(d) At Jerome's father's job change.
5. What position does Bix play on the baseball team?
(a) Left field.
(b) First base.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does the phrase "spin light" pertain?
2. How old is Bix when he runs away?
3. Who makes a spectacular play that sends the black team to the bench?
4. How long has Jerome known Bix before Bix runs away?
5. What is one thing Jerome learns when he starts school that Fall?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)