|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Second Part, Sections 11 through 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one thing about Bix Rivers to which Jerome refers?
(a) His talent for seeing the truth.
(b) His talent for singing.
(c) His disappearance.
(d) His rebellion against authority.
2. What will be unique about Jerome's situation?
(a) He will be allowed to play on the basketball team.
(b) He will be one of only about 50 black students.
(c) He will be allowed to waive the mandatory requirements.
(d) He will be the only black student.
3. About what does Jerome say his mother is angry?
(a) At Maurice's choice.
(b) At Jerome's odd behavior.
(c) At the school integration situation.
(d) At Jerome's father's job change.
4. How long has Jerome known Bix before Bix runs away?
(a) Since they were babies.
(b) About a year.
(c) Since they were five.
(d) The three years of high school.
5. What is one thing Jerome learns when he starts school that Fall?
(a) He will probably not be very popular.
(b) There are good reasons why schools are segregated.
(c) He will have to work much harder than the white students.
(d) In some ways, people at the white school aren't that much different from people at the black one.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what city does Jerome live?
2. What school had Jerome planned to attend?
3. For what do Jerome and his mother prepare?
4. Who does Jerome say smiles politely when the person shows up?
5. What does Jerome want to do in church?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)