|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Last Part, Sections 25 and 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jerome notice about Bix's shoes?
(a) The shoe laces are from tennis shoes.
(b) They are well shined.
(c) They have holes in them.
(d) They are terribly scuffed.
2. What does one of the white players say after the pick up game?
(a) That Jerome is the best basketball player there.
(b) That Jerome could help them win the state championship.
(c) That Jerome is uppity for thinking of trying out for the team.
(d) That the coach is a racist pig.
3. What does Jerome pretend as he's hiding in the shadows?
(a) To be a high school basketball recruiter.
(b) To be an alien from Saturn.
(c) To be a pro basketball player.
(d) To be a detective.
4. What does Jerome worry about for his mother?
(a) She may not be able to help him with his problems at school anymore.
(b) She may have some emotional lapses.
(c) Her thinking may have been damaged.
(d) She may want to take over care of the house too soon.
5. What does Jerome ask the counselor about the boy she calls "poor thing"?
(a) If he is in the same home situation as Jerome.
(b) If he has a mother.
(c) If he is new to the school.
(d) If he is black.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Jerome's mother when she gets home from the hospital?
2. Why does Jerome worry that some people might think he is a thief?
3. How does Jerome make Bix laugh?
4. About what does the visitor to Jerome's home assure Jerome?
5. To what does the phrase "spin light" pertain?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)