|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Last Part, Sections 25 and 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Bix respond to Jerome's suggestion about Bix's game?
(a) He calls the moves Jerome suggests as dishonesty.
(b) He says he can beat Jerome without any fancy stuff.
(c) He says baseball is his love and he really does not want to put that much effort into basketball.
(d) He says he'll never love basketball like Jerome does.
2. Who does Jerome look for but cannot find?
(b) Bix's stepfather.
(c) The black coach.
3. Why is Jerome angry?
(a) His father insisted he play football.
(b) Bix laughs at Jerome when Jerome trips.
(c) He thinks Bix thinks Bix is too good to spend time with black people.
(d) His father would not let him play baseball.
4. What class is it suggested that Jerome take?
(c) Home Economics.
5. What does Jerome realize as a result of Bix challenging him?
(a) Jerome is probably wondering about his own ancestry.
(b) Jerome has his own prejudices.
(c) Jerome needs to think less about skin color.
(d) Jerome does not need to talk as much as he thought he did.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jerome feel about learning who his partner is?
2. What changes with Bix as he plays with the lantern?
3. What do the boys trying out for the basketball team already have?
4. What could Jerome and everyone else in the stands see about one of the spectators?
5. What happens when Jerome calls Braxton Rivers "luck"?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)