|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Second Part, Sections 11 through 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the younger siblings of some of the ball players do?
(a) Borrow shirts from both the black and the white players.
(b) Try to get their older brothers to buy them refreshments.
(c) Play a pick up game.
(d) Start fighting.
2. What could Jerome and everyone else in the stands see about one of the spectators?
(a) The person knows nothing about baseball.
(b) The person is very wealthy.
(c) Something was going on other than just cheering.
(d) The person is blind.
3. Upon what does Jerome's mother focus concerning other people?
(a) Who they are and what they do.
(b) Their occupations.
(c) Whether they go to church.
(d) Their eyes.
4. Who shows up in the middle of the game that Jerome is describing?
(a) A few gang members.
(b) A beautiful white woman.
(c) A tall, handsome white man.
(d) A police office.
5. Who visits Jerome just before school opens?
(a) The principal at the school he will attend.
(b) His former principal.
(c) The teacher in the class he will be placed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is it possible to play basketball both summer and winter?
2. Who does Jerome look for but cannot find?
3. How does Jerome characterize Mr. Eggelestobbs?
4. What does Jerome want to do in church?
5. For what do Jerome and his mother prepare?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)