|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Second Part, Sections 11 through 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is hidden in a grove of trees?
(a) A hangout for Jerome and his friends.
(b) A gang hideout.
(c) A basketball court.
(d) A skeleton.
2. What tune does the horn of one of the trucks play?
(a) "Battle Hymn of the Republic".
(b) "Take Me Out to the Ballgame".
(d) No tune.
3. What happens when Jerome sneaks into Bix's room?
(a) He is caught by Bix's stepfather.
(b) He is caught by Bix's mother.
(c) He is caught by Bix's brother.
(d) He cries.
4. What is Bix's stepfather busy gathering?
(b) Information about where Bix's mother could be.
(c) Testimony against his business partner.
5. With whom does Jerome speak after the ball game?
(a) The driver of the drink truck.
(b) The police officer.
(c) The driver of the grill truck.
(d) The white coach.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one reason it is appropriate for Jerome to write about Bix?
2. What does Jerome want to do in church?
3. Where is it possible to play basketball both summer and winter?
4. What do the younger siblings of some of the ball players do?
5. Who makes a spectacular play that sends the black team to the bench?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)