|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Second Part, Sections 11 through 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Jerome find directions to care for a baseball glove?
(a) Hanging in the locker room.
(b) In an old book that belongs to Jerome's dad.
(c) In a piece of paper in Bix's locker.
(d) In Bix's notebook.
2. Upon what does Jerome's mother not pay attention to concerning other people?
(a) Who they're not and what they don't do.
(b) Their achievements.
(c) Their social status.
(d) Their clothing.
3. What is one thing Jerome learns when he starts school that Fall?
(a) There are good reasons why schools are segregated.
(b) He will have to work much harder than the white students.
(c) He will probably not be very popular.
(d) In some ways, people at the white school aren't that much different from people at the black one.
4. Who visits Jerome just before school opens?
(a) His former principal.
(c) The teacher in the class he will be placed.
(d) The principal at the school he will attend.
5. What does Jerome eventually recover?
(a) His sense of honor.
(b) His belief in his father's wisdom.
(c) His sense of privacy.
(d) His belief in Bix's goodness.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Jerome speak after the ball game?
2. What does Maurice go off to college to do?
3. What tune does the horn of one of the trucks play?
4. What is Jerome's preferred sport?
5. What do the boys trying out for the basketball team already have?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)