|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Third Part, Sections 20 and 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Jerome calls Braxton Rivers "luck"?
(a) The counselor says that remains to be seen.
(b) The counselor says Braxton is quite lucky.
(c) The counselor says Braxton is dropping out of school.
(d) The counselor frowns and says nothing.
2. What happens in Jerome's Home Economics class the next week?
(a) Jerome quits the class.
(b) Bix comes in and yells at the teacher and then sulks in the corner.
(c) Bix comes in and demands they make something real.
(d) Bix does not attend and drops out completely.
3. Who visits Jerome just before school opens?
(a) The principal at the school he will attend.
(b) His former principal.
(d) The teacher in the class he will be placed.
4. What bet is wagered in this section?
(a) Jerome's ball against a spot in the home economics class.
(b) Jerome's ball against Bix's glove.
(c) Jerome's ball against one of the other boy's knives.
(d) Jerome's ball against the crewman's lantern.
5. Where does Jerome spend most of his summers?
(a) In the library.
(b) At the black swimming pool.
(c) At the secret basketball court.
(d) In the black neighborhood park.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Jerome say smiles politely when the person shows up?
2. With whom does Miss Pimton suggest Jerome partner?
3. What does Jerome's mother encourage all three of her sons to do?
4. Why does Bix look for a new place to play basketball?
5. What is "You LIke It, It Likes You"?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)