|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Third Part, Sections 20 and 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jerome cut off a pair of his pants?
(a) Because of the heat in the classroom.
(b) To try out for the basketball team.
(c) To make some of the white kids laugh.
(d) To protest treatment from a teacher.
2. What is hidden in a grove of trees?
(a) A basketball court.
(b) A skeleton.
(c) A hangout for Jerome and his friends.
(d) A gang hideout.
3. Why does Bix look for a new place to play basketball?
(a) The old place has some rough-looking boys playing there.
(b) The old place has been torn down.
(c) The old place is locked up.
(d) The old place is too far away.
4. What does one of the white players say after the pick up game?
(a) That Jerome could help them win the state championship.
(b) That Jerome is the best basketball player there.
(c) That Jerome is uppity for thinking of trying out for the team.
(d) That the coach is a racist pig.
5. For what is Bobo in line?
(a) To be admitted to the home economics class.
(b) To be engineer.
(c) A spot on a professional basketball team.
(d) To play football if the injured boy does not recover.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one thing Jerome learns when he starts school that Fall?
2. Who does Jerome look for but cannot find?
3. What is "You LIke It, It Likes You"?
4. What does Jerome ask the counselor about the boy she calls "poor thing"?
5. With whom does Miss Pimton suggest Jerome partner?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)