|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Last Part, Sections 23 and 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Bix seem in Home Economics class?
(a) Shy and uncomfortable.
2. What is the effect of the person going with Jerome?
(a) Jerome sees his brother as a real person.
(b) Jerome sees his father as a real person.
(c) Jerome does not see Bix as a white boy.
(d) It ruins his secret place for a while.
3. What does Jerome ask the Home Economics teacher?
(a) Why they are making fake food?
(b) Why they are making desserts when they haven't made a main course.
(c) If they can make peach pie instead of cherry pie.
(d) If they can make chocolate cake instead.
4. What does Jerome eventually recover?
(a) His belief in his father's wisdom.
(b) His sense of privacy.
(c) His sense of honor.
(d) His belief in Bix's goodness.
5. Where is it possible to play basketball both summer and winter?
(a) In the high school gym.
(b) In the white YMCA.
(c) At the court at the black YMCA.
(d) At the court hidden in the trees.
Short Answer Questions
1. What question does Jerome ask Bix that Bix challenges?
2. How is Jerome's question about what they are to make received by the girls?
3. Who is Jerome's unseen opponent?
4. What does Bix say everyone is doing?
5. What animal does Jerome mention while writing about playing basketball?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)