First Part, Sections 1, 2 and 3
1. What is the narrator's name?
2. What is one thing about Bix Rivers to which Jerome refers?
(a) His talent for singing.
(b) His rebellion against authority.
(c) His disappearance.
(d) His talent for seeing the truth.
3. Where is Bix's mother?
(a) No one knows.
(b) An insane asylum.
(d) New Orleans.
4. What is Bix's stepfather busy gathering?
(b) Testimony against his business partner.
(d) Information about where Bix's mother could be.
5. About what is Jerome angry?
(a) That Bix's mother deserted him.
(b) That Bix's stepfather lies about Bix.
(c) The way Bix is talked about in church.
(d) That Bix does not tell Jerome where Bix is.
6. What does Jerome want to do in church?
(a) Answer the altar call.
(b) Sing a solo.
(c) He does not go to church.
(d) Tell the truth about Bix.
7. What position does Bix play on the baseball team?
(a) Left field.
(c) First base.
8. What happens when Bix gets angry?
(a) He takes a run.
(b) He cries.
(c) He goes off by himself.
(d) He flushes with color.
This section contains 5,288 words
(approx. 18 pages at 300 words per page)