|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many stitches does Ben give himself for the gash he received while hunting the moose in Chapter 42?
2. Who does Ashley ask Ben if he has called yet when he visits her hospital room in Chapter 48?
(a) His father.
(b) His wife.
(c) His mother.
(d) Her father.
3. For how many days have Ben and Ashley been trapped in the wilderness after the crash in Chapter 24?
4. How does Ben manage to get back to Ashley with help in Chapter 45?
(a) By truck.
(b) By helicopter.
(c) By car.
(d) By snowmobile.
5. What column does Ashley say she started out writing for in Chapter 26?
(a) A beauty column.
(b) The crime beat.
(c) The obituaries.
(d) The advice column.
6. What color is the front door on the lakeside house that Ben and Ashley discover in Chapter 30?
7. How many buildings in all make up the camp that Ben and Ashley have found in Chapter 32?
8. How does Ben cook the rabbits that he catches?
(a) In the oven.
(b) On a spit over the fireplace.
(c) In boiling water on the stove.
(d) Over a fire in the woods.
9. What kind of flower does Ben purchase at Trad's garden store and greenhouse in Chapter 49?
(a) A daisy.
(b) A tulip.
(c) An orchid.
(d) A rose.
10. By what name does Ben refer to Rachel's doctor in Chapter 35?
11. What does the sign inside the hut say in Chapter 42?
(a) "The way out is south of here" (274).
(b) "Beware of wolves" (274).
(c) "Warning. Stay out. Private property" (274).
(d) "This is an emergency warming hut" (274).
12. What Tom Hanks movie does Ben describe in Chapter 31?
(a) Saving Private Ryan.
(b) Forrest Gump.
13. What does Ben use to create a harness for himself in Chapter 23?
(a) Grover's backpack.
(b) Grover's seat belt.
(c) The dog's leash.
(d) Grover's jacket.
14. What happens when Ben is pulled down into a snowdrift in Chapter 27?
(a) He breaks his leg.
(b) He breaks his wrist.
(c) He overturns the sled.
(d) He pulls Ashley in too.
15. What is the bridge that Ben passes near the hospital where he works in Chapter 49?
(a) The Sunset Bridge.
(b) The Martinsdale Bridge.
(c) The Washington Bridge.
(d) The Fuller Warren Bridge.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has it been since the plane crash in the beginning of Chapter 38?
2. What causes the crash as Ben and Ashley make their way down the incline in Chapter 44?
3. About how much weight does Ben assess he has lost since the crash in Chapter 42?
4. What does Ben use to patch the hole in the sled in Chapter 27?
5. To what Greek god does Ben compare doctors in Chapter 23?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)