|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ben compare the small trout to in his dictation to his wife in Chapter 14?
2. Where had Ben's father moved during Ben's last year of undergrad?
(a) New Jersey.
(d) New York.
3. Ben says in Chapter 11, "In football they call it 'piling on.' In track we called it" what (94)?
(a) "Pushing on."
(b) "Pulling forward."
(c) "Losing tread."
(d) "Hitting the wall."
4. What does Ben promise to give Ashley one day once they are safe in a hospital in Chapter 12?
(a) A compass.
(b) A pedicure.
(c) A watch.
(d) An engagement ring.
5. How many of the small trout is Ashley able to eat when Ben returns to the plane in Chapter 13?
6. What does Ben attempt to shoot with the bow and arrow in Chapter 15?
(a) A turkey.
(b) A moose.
(c) A snake.
(d) A fox.
7. What degree did Ben's father want him to go for in college?
(a) An MFA in Creative Writing.
(b) An MBA in Finance.
(c) A Doctorate in Philosophy.
(d) An MFA in Directing.
8. What is Ashley's last name?
9. What was in the box marked "DESSERT" that Ben's wife gave him on his drive to Jacksonville (104)?
(a) Chocolate cake.
(b) Cherry pie.
(c) Apple pie.
(d) Key lime pie.
10. What does Ben use to sew up the stitches on Ashley after the crash?
(a) Fishing line.
(b) Metal wire.
(c) Sewing thread.
(d) Safety pins.
11. What is the name of Grover's dog?
12. What does Ben respond when Ashley asks him about the voicemail in Chapter 22?
(a) "We were talking about you" (149).
(b) "We had a disagreement" (149).
(c) "She left me" (149).
(d) "We were getting engaged" (149).
13. What animal does the dog attack outside the entrance to the plane in Chapter 15?
(a) A grizzly bear.
(b) A mountain lion.
(c) A buffalo.
(d) A moose.
14. How many kids does Ben have?
15. What did Ben's wife work as after school when they were in high school?
(a) A secretary.
(b) A bartender.
(c) A candy striper.
(d) A waitress.
Short Answer Questions
1. To his knowledge, how many times did Ben's father come to see him run while Ben was in college?
2. What class in school did Ben begin taking in order to be in the same class with his future wife, according to the narrative in Chapter 4?
3. For how long does Ben say he has been married in Chapter 1?
4. What does Ashley do with Ben's recorder when she demands it from him in Chapter 22?
5. For how many hours have Ben and Ashley been sleeping when Ben awakens in Chapter 7?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)