|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ben compare the small trout to in his dictation to his wife in Chapter 14?
2. What does Ben use as fish bait in Chapter 13?
(c) Imitation salmon eggs.
3. Why does Ben say compasses are better than GPS's in Chapter 12?
(a) Because he likes old fashioned things.
(b) Because his father said so.
(c) Because GPS's are less reliable than compasses.
(d) Because the batteries can run dead in a GPS.
4. What is the name of Ashley's fiance?
5. What has stopped working in the beginning of Chapter 11?
(a) Ben's recorder.
(b) Ben's compass.
(c) Ben's GPS.
(d) Ben's watch.
6. What is the name of Grover's dog?
7. From where has Ben just returned from a medical conference in Chapter 1?
(c) Colorado Springs.
(d) Washington, D.C.
8. When Ben left to drive the moving truck from Denver to Jacksonville, what was the second of the gifts given him by his wife?
(a) A CD.
(b) A bag of potato chips.
(c) A postcard.
(d) A book.
9. Ben tells Ashley as they set out in Chapter 21, "Every step away from this place is one step closer to" what (140)?
(b) "A cappuccino at Starbucks."
(c) "Men in dark suits."
(d) "Life and reality."
10. What do Ashley and Ben decide to rename the dog in Chapter 8?
11. What does Ben tell Ashley is the best thing she has got going for her in Chapter 21?
(a) Her love of nature.
(b) Her love for her fiance.
(c) Her sense of humor.
(d) Her pain threshold.
12. What kind of painkiller does Ben take when he returns to the plane in Chapter 12?
13. When Ben first sees Ashley in Chapter 1, he compares her to Winona Ryder in what movie based on her appearance?
(a) Girl, Interrupted.
(b) Black Swan.
(d) Reality Bites.
14. What is the primary injury that Ben sustains during the plane crash?
(a) A concussion.
(b) Broken ribs.
(c) A broken arm.
(d) A broken leg.
15. What does Ben promise to give Ashley one day once they are safe in a hospital in Chapter 12?
(a) A pedicure.
(b) A watch.
(c) An engagement ring.
(d) A compass.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ben says in Chapter 11, "I look back on college and I think those were" what (94)?
2. To what does Ben compare the snow on the evergreen trees in Chapter 22?
3. How does Ben describe his father in Chapter 6?
4. What was Ben's GPA in his senior year of high school?
5. Approximately how long does it take for loggerhead turtle eggs to hatch, according to the narrative in Chapter 18?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)