|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Ben live?
2. At approximately what elevation did the plane crash in The Mountain Between Us?
(a) 11,500 feet.
(b) 7,000 feet.
(c) 8,500 feet.
(d) 14,000 feet.
3. Approximately how long does it take for loggerhead turtle eggs to hatch, according to the narrative in Chapter 18?
(a) 20 days.
(b) 30 days.
(c) 60 days.
(d) 90 days.
4. Who encouraged Ben to become a doctor?
(b) His father.
(c) His mother.
5. What does Ben attempt to shoot with the bow and arrow in Chapter 15?
(a) A moose.
(b) A turkey.
(c) A snake.
(d) A fox.
6. How did the pilot of the plane presumably die?
(a) Heart attack.
(b) Head injury.
(c) Brain aneurysm.
7. Who gave Ben his compass?
8. Where does Ashley live?
9. From where has Ben just returned from a medical conference in Chapter 1?
(b) Washington, D.C.
(c) Colorado Springs.
10. How many small trout does Ben bring back from his fishing expedition in Chapter 13?
11. What direction does the arrow point that is created from the exhaust of overhead planes in Chapter 19?
12. What does Ben respond when Ashley asks him about the voicemail in Chapter 22?
(a) "We had a disagreement" (149).
(b) "We were talking about you" (149).
(c) "She left me" (149).
(d) "We were getting engaged" (149).
13. When Ben left to drive the moving truck from Denver to Jacksonville, what was the second of the gifts given him by his wife?
(a) A CD.
(b) A bag of potato chips.
(c) A book.
(d) A postcard.
14. How much of a person's body heat is lost through the head, according to the narrator in Chapter 5?
15. For how long has Ben been away from home in Chapter 1?
(a) 2 days.
(b) 1 week.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 3 weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ben's last name?
2. How many kids does Ben have?
3. What gift did Ben's wife give him on their honeymoon?
4. What is the name of Grover's dog?
5. When Ben left to drive the moving truck from Denver to Jacksonville, what was the first of the gifts given him by his wife?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)