|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ben use to make a makeshift sled to pull Ashley in Chapter 21?
(a) The plane wing.
(b) A canoe.
(c) A piece of driftwood.
(d) A raft.
2. When Ben first sees Ashley in Chapter 1, he compares her to Winona Ryder in what movie based on her appearance?
(b) Reality Bites.
(c) Girl, Interrupted.
(d) Black Swan.
3. Where were Ben and his wife when Ben proposed marriage to her?
(a) At a church.
(b) At the school.
(c) On the beach.
(d) At her parents' home.
4. For how long has Ben been away from home in Chapter 1?
(a) 3 weeks.
(b) 1 week.
(c) 2 days.
(d) 2 weeks.
5. What does Ben tell Ashley is the best thing she has got going for her in Chapter 21?
(a) Her pain threshold.
(b) Her sense of humor.
(c) Her love for her fiance.
(d) Her love of nature.
6. What is Ashley's last name?
7. What does Ben use as fish bait in Chapter 13?
(c) Imitation salmon eggs.
8. How did the pilot of the plane presumably die?
(a) Heart attack.
(b) Head injury.
(d) Brain aneurysm.
9. In Ben's freshman year, he won the 400-meter dash in what time?
(a) 39.8 seconds.
(b) 59.3 seconds.
(c) 50.9 seconds.
(d) 60.2 seconds.
10. What direction does the arrow point that is created from the exhaust of overhead planes in Chapter 19?
11. Why does Ben say compasses are better than GPS's in Chapter 12?
(a) Because his father said so.
(b) Because he likes old fashioned things.
(c) Because the batteries can run dead in a GPS.
(d) Because GPS's are less reliable than compasses.
12. What does Ben attempt to shoot with the bow and arrow in Chapter 15?
(a) A snake.
(b) A turkey.
(c) A fox.
(d) A moose.
13. How many miles did Ben drive the moving truck from Denver to Jacksonville, according to his narrative in Chapter 12?
(a) 1,200 miles.
(b) 1,919 miles.
(c) 2,345 miles.
(d) 2,635 miles.
14. What animal does the dog attack outside the entrance to the plane in Chapter 15?
(a) A buffalo.
(b) A mountain lion.
(c) A moose.
(d) A grizzly bear.
15. What is engraved on the back of Ben's compass?
(a) "I'm Lost Without You" (132).
(b) "To My Love" (132).
(c) "Go North" (132).
(d) "My True North" (132).
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Ben live?
2. What does Ashley do with Ben's recorder when she demands it from him in Chapter 22?
3. For how long does Ashley say she and Ben have been stuck here since the plane crash in Chapter 22?
4. What colors are the plane that Ben and Ashley crashed in?
5. When Ben left to drive the moving truck from Denver to Jacksonville, what was the second of the gifts given him by his wife?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)