|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From where has Ben just returned from a medical conference in Chapter 1?
(b) Washington, D.C.
(c) Colorado Springs.
2. What direction does the arrow point that is created from the exhaust of overhead planes in Chapter 19?
3. Why does Ben say compasses are better than GPS's in Chapter 12?
(a) Because GPS's are less reliable than compasses.
(b) Because the batteries can run dead in a GPS.
(c) Because his father said so.
(d) Because he likes old fashioned things.
4. Ben compares his wife's hair and appearance as looking like Julie Andrews in what movie in Chapter 4?
(b) Mary Poppins.
(c) The Sound of Music.
5. What degree did Ben's father want him to go for in college?
(a) An MFA in Creative Writing.
(b) An MBA in Finance.
(c) A Doctorate in Philosophy.
(d) An MFA in Directing.
6. What does Ben promise to give Ashley one day once they are safe in a hospital in Chapter 12?
(a) An engagement ring.
(b) A watch.
(c) A pedicure.
(d) A compass.
7. Where is Ben at the airport attempting to take a flight in Chapter 1?
(a) New York.
(b) Salt Lake City.
8. What is the name of Grover's dog?
9. What was Ben's wife's maiden name?
10. What is Ben's main specialty as a doctor?
(a) Sports medicine for children.
(c) Neuropathic surgery.
(d) Prenatal care.
11. In Ben's freshman year, he won the 400-meter dash in what time?
(a) 50.9 seconds.
(b) 60.2 seconds.
(c) 39.8 seconds.
(d) 59.3 seconds.
12. On what day of the week is Ben's flight set to depart in Chapter 1?
13. To what does Ben compare the snow on the evergreen trees in Chapter 22?
(d) Icy death.
14. Where was the guy shot that Ben describes helping save in the OR in Chapter 21?
(a) In the gut.
(b) In the neck.
(c) In the back.
(d) In the chest.
15. What was in the box marked "DESSERT" that Ben's wife gave him on his drive to Jacksonville (104)?
(a) Chocolate cake.
(b) Cherry pie.
(c) Key lime pie.
(d) Apple pie.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what time was Ben's original flight scheduled to depart in Chapter 1?
2. How many kids does Ben have?
3. Where were Ben and his wife when Ben proposed marriage to her?
4. To whom is Ben's narrative in Chapter 6 directed?
5. Ben says in Chapter 11, "I look back on college and I think those were" what (94)?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)