|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12 - 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ben says in Chapter 11, "In football they call it 'piling on.' In track we called it" what (94)?
(a) "Pulling forward."
(b) "Pushing on."
(c) "Losing tread."
(d) "Hitting the wall."
2. What does Ben say his wife once nominated herself as in Chapter 12?
(a) The bird of flames.
(b) The Crane Patrol.
(c) The Turtle Patrol.
(d) The angel of truth.
3. What does Ben describe his father saying "pain is" in Chapter 6 (52)?
(a) "Something to extinguish."
(b) "Weakness leaving your body."
(c) "Something to embrace."
(d) "Working hard."
4. In Ben's freshman year, he won the 400-meter dash in what time?
(a) 50.9 seconds.
(b) 60.2 seconds.
(c) 59.3 seconds.
(d) 39.8 seconds.
5. What degree did Ben's father want him to go for in college?
(a) A Doctorate in Philosophy.
(b) An MBA in Finance.
(c) An MFA in Directing.
(d) An MFA in Creative Writing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ben says in Chapter 11, "I look back on college and I think those were" what (94)?
2. Why does Ben say compasses are better than GPS's in Chapter 12?
3. What animal does the dog attack outside the entrance to the plane in Chapter 15?
4. What mountains does Ben describe in Chapter 11 as having become "our thing too" when dictating to his wife (95)?
5. What is the name of Grover's dog?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)