|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After La Ponderosa was left behind, how did Che and Alberto travel?
2. In the letter to his mother, what drug did Che mention he had been given?
3. How did the car driver know Che and Alberto in Chapter 14?
4. In Chapter 17, what did the two persecuted people's ideology do for them?
5. In Chapter 16, Alberto and Che had troubles getting visas to which country?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to La Ponderosa in Chapter 14?
2. Where did Che and Alberto leave La Ponderosa?
3. In Chapter 19, what did Che and Alberto lose and what did this force them to do?
4. What is each "chapter" of "The Motorcycle Diaries" and why is this relevant?
5. Towards the beginning of the memoir, what did Che believe his destiny involved?
6. What did some doctors in Chile say about leprosy?
7. Why did Che and Alberto decide to take a road trip?
8. What did Che and Alberto do in Bariloche?
9. What did Che and Alberto do in Junin de los Andes?
10. What happened while La Ponderosa was being repaired in Chapter 10?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In the text of "The Motorcycle Diaries", Che often mentions the oppression he witnesses of the lower classes. At the same time, however, the book is also about the freedom the men experience while traveling the continent. Choose an angle and argue whether "The Motorcycle Diaries" is a story about freedom or a story about oppression.
Essay Topic 2
During their trip, Che and Alberto visit several leper colonies. Discuss how the leper colonies are a metaphor for the underclass of Latin America.
Essay Topic 3
Describe race relations within each country and how they differ and are similar to each other.
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)