|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Che and Alberto were picked up by a truck from Magdalena. What was the truck full of?
2. What happened to La Ponderosa in Chapter 15?
3. In Chapter 16, Alberto and Che had troubles getting visas to which country?
4. Who went on the trip through Latin America?
5. What was wrong with the spare tire in Chapter 14?
Short Essay Questions
1. While weathering a storm in a police station, what did Che do?
2. What did Che and Alberto do in Bariloche?
3. In Chapter 19, what did Che and Alberto lose and what did this force them to do?
4. Describe the Chilean workers that Che and Alberto encountered.
5. What happened while La Ponderosa was being repaired in Chapter 10?
6. What happened to La Ponderosa in Chapter 14?
7. Who was the first person Che and Alberto visited on their adventure, and what did this person give them?
8. What was already wrong with La Ponderosa II by the end of Chapter 6?
9. Describe Che and Alberto's experience at the fire station.
10. What did Che and Alberto do in San Martin de Los Andes?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe race relations within each country and how they differ and are similar to each other.
Essay Topic 2
Although "The Motorcycle Diaries" is not a comedy, there is comic relief within the book. Cite a few examples of comic relief within the text and explain how humor enriches the memoir.
Essay Topic 3
In the text of "The Motorcycle Diaries", Che often mentions the oppression he witnesses of the lower classes. At the same time, however, the book is also about the freedom the men experience while traveling the continent. Choose an angle and argue whether "The Motorcycle Diaries" is a story about freedom or a story about oppression.
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)