|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was mined in Chuquicamata?
2. Who paid Che and Alberto in Chapter 8?
3. What was the second thing to go wrong with La Ponderosa in Chapter 14?
4. After La Ponderosa was left behind, how did Che and Alberto travel?
5. Where was La Ponderosa taken to be fixed in Chapter 10?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who or what was La Ponderosa II?
2. Where did La Ponderosa crash in Chapter 15?
3. Where did Che and Alberto leave La Ponderosa?
4. What did Che recall about his Peronist friend in Argentina?
5. What did Che and Alberto do in Bariloche?
6. What did Che and Alberto do in San Martin de Los Andes?
7. What happened at the German's house?
8. Who was the first person Che and Alberto visited on their adventure, and what did this person give them?
9. What is each "chapter" of "The Motorcycle Diaries" and why is this relevant?
10. When Alberto's friend asked them why they were on such a long journey, how did they respond?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write a brief biography of Che Guevara, including his time spent in Cuba and how he met his death.
Essay Topic 2
Although "The Motorcycle Diaries" is not a comedy, there is comic relief within the book. Cite a few examples of comic relief within the text and explain how humor enriches the memoir.
Essay Topic 3
Throughout the memoir, as well as later in life, Che Guevara cites American capitalism as the source of Latin American strife and offers communism as a solution to the problem. Write an essay that:
1) Defines capitalism.
2) Defines communism.
3) Chooses one ideology and argues for it.
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)