|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the final destination of the road trip?
2. In Chapter 6, what did Alberto and Che catch?
3. The narrator and travel companion decided to take a road trip because they were _____.
4. In what time period does the book take place?
5. Where did Alberto and Che stay while in San Martin de Los Andes?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Che and Alberto's experience at the fire station.
2. What did Che do for an old woman in Chapter 17? How did he feel about this?
3. When Alberto's friend asked them why they were on such a long journey, how did they respond?
4. Towards the beginning of the memoir, what did Che believe his destiny involved?
5. Where did La Ponderosa crash in Chapter 15?
6. Describe the Chilean workers that Che and Alberto encountered.
7. Why was Che mad at the "Yankees" in Chapter 17?
8. Where did Che and Alberto leave La Ponderosa?
9. While weathering a storm in a police station, what did Che do?
10. What did Che and Alberto do in Junin de los Andes?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Che and Alberto rely heavily on the hospitality of others to get by on their trip. Discuss whether the hospitality they received was regional, related to time period, etc.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Che's arc of personal growth throughout the text.
Essay Topic 3
In the text of "The Motorcycle Diaries", Che often mentions the oppression he witnesses of the lower classes. At the same time, however, the book is also about the freedom the men experience while traveling the continent. Choose an angle and argue whether "The Motorcycle Diaries" is a story about freedom or a story about oppression.
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)