|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who discovered Che and Alberto on the boat to the island?
(a) Che's cousin.
(b) La Ponderosa.
(c) A leprosy expert.
(d) A sailor.
2. In Chapter 6, who gave Che and Alberto a room to stay in?
(a) The town beggar.
(b) The doctor.
(c) A German.
(d) A bartender.
3. Who was the first person to get sick in the book?
(b) La Ponderosa.
4. What was the disagreement over Chile's mines?
(a) There wasn't a disagreement.
(b) Some people wanted mining to stop, others wanted it to continue.
(c) Some thought mining should be nationalized, others wanted a free market.
(d) Some thought the mines made the country ugly.
5. In Chapter 6, what did Alberto and Che catch?
(a) A soccerball.
(d) A basketball.
6. How did Che help an old woman in Chapter 17?
(a) He helped her cross the street.
(b) He treated her asthma and heart condition.
(c) He bought her a meal.
(d) He got her a room in a nursing home.
7. Who did Che write about being hospitable?
8. What did Che steal in Chapter 7?
(a) A six pack of beer.
(c) A bottle of red wine.
9. In Chapter 17, what were the two people that Che and Alberto met persecuted for?
(a) Their imperialist ideology.
(b) Their socialist ideology.
(c) Their communist ideology.
(d) Their capitalist ideology.
10. Why did Che and Alberto want to stay in the fire station?
(a) They wanted to fight fires.
(b) No one else woud take them in.
(c) All the hotels were full.
(d) They were enticed by the caretaker's daughters.
11. Why did Che and Alberto flee their lodgings in Chapter 15?
(a) They didn't like the way the house smelled.
(b) Che had diarrhea out the second story window onto a sheet of drying peaches.
(c) Their hosts were crazy.
(d) Alberto threw up on the Peruvian's daughter.
12. What happened to La Ponderosa in Chapter 6?
(a) It caught on fire.
(b) It started running smoothly.
(c) The bike frame broke.
(d) She fell down and screamed again.
13. Who did Che and Alberto befriend on their way to Chuquicamata?
(a) Two American soldiers.
(b) La Ponderosa's two cousins.
(c) A Chilean couple who were workers.
(d) Two Indians.
14. Who did Chile use as firefighters?
(a) High school students.
(c) The elderly.
(d) Police officers.
15. Who did Che and Alberto dance with in Chapter 14?
(b) Alberto's cousin.
(c) Che's mother.
(d) A local woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Che surprised to see in the local newspaper in Chapter 13?
2. In Chapter 18, what did the boat to the island not have?
3. What was Comeback?
4. Why did Chichina give Alberto something?
5. Where was La Ponderosa left in Chapter 16?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)