|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice, 5 short answer, and 0 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
Directions: Circle the correct answer.
1. Who were two champions for the simplification of English spelling?
a) Ben Franklin and Guttenberg
b) Ben Franklin and Noah Webster
c) Thomas Jefferson and Noah Webster
d) Ben Franklin and John Adams
2. American surnames can be traced to ____________________ names.
3. Other than America and England, what country speaks English primarily?
4. In what American city do people speak with slurred words that make them almost impossible to understand?
a) Cincinnati, Ohio
b) Phoenix, Arizona
c) Ann Arbor, Maryland
d) Baltimore, Maryland
5. The author discusses the process of development of the British _____________ from the...
This section contains 1,118 words|
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)