|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 Pronunciation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what time period does the event from #67 occur?
2. Chapter 6 addresses the changing pronunciation of which language over time?
3. The English language has _____________________________.
(a) had minimal change
(b) remained constant
(c) served as the foundation for most languages
(d) changed considerably
4. How can English be particularly complex for non-native English speakers?
(a) Many words can be used in different ways
(b) There are many grammar rules
(c) The vowel sounds are fixed
(d) The alphabet is long
5. What about the English language gives users greater range of expression?
(a) More vowel sounds
(b) More letters of the alphabet
(c) Past and future tenses
(d) Active and passive voices
Short Answer Questions
1. The Celts are strongly influenced by which culture?
2. On what principle are cliches based?
3. What language is most commonly chosen by international businesses?
4. What historical occurrence is explored in Chapter 6?
5. The author discusses the elements that English lacks but that ______________________________.
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)