|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 Global Language.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the English language's large vocabulary mean to users?
(a) More precise expression
(b) More vowels
(c) More letters of the alphabet
(d) More spelling words
2. Language has the ability to do what?
(a) Create peace among countries
(b) Unite global communities
(c) Expand and grow
(d) Go beyond national borders
3. How can English be particularly complex for non-native English speakers?
(a) The alphabet is long
(b) There are many grammar rules
(c) Many words can be used in different ways
(d) The vowel sounds are fixed
4. What language is most commonly chosen by international businesses?
5. English speakers then to think their language is ___________________.
(b) easy to master
(c) difficult to learn
Short Answer Questions
1. In addition to linguistic differences in languages, there are also ________________________.
2. What is often cited as an equalizing force in English?
3. Language differences within a country are often ________________.
4. What happens when a group of native speakers dies out?
5. Language issues tend to be __________________.
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)