|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14 Swearing.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What can make learning English unnecessarily difficult?
(a) Tense switching
(c) The alphabet
(d) Grammar rules
2. Words that enter American and British vocabularies generally come from what country?
3. What element guides generational language?
(c) Pop culture
4. English in the United Kingdom is more _____________ than it is in the United States.
5. Languages around the world contain common ______________________.
(a) verb tenses
Short Answer Questions
1. A trend seen on both sides of the Atlantic is that of _________________________.
2. Language differences within a country are often ________________.
3. During Norman rule, which words are appropriate for the upper class to use?
4. On what principle are cliches based?
5. Censoring words is more prevalent in which country?
This section contains 170 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)